Notices

Using Nitrous: whats safe

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 05:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using Nitrous: whats safe

I have a stock ls bottum end, port and polished 3 angle valve job b16 head.
Now i want to put a 50 shot of wet nitrous on there, is this safe?

Ive been told yes, and I may have to retard the timing just a tad. Also for a 50 to 75 is direct port better than the regular 4cyl kit.

And does the regular kit just hook up to the intake before the TB.

Help me out a little bit, i read alot on the zex.com site. but just one to get a hands on experience information kinda thing.

Also it says when you go full throttle nitrous engages. so when the bottle runs out is it bad to go full throttle as if you did not have nitrous. And also if you have the bottle closed and go full throttle what happens, does that burn up and thing in the kit.

yeah lots of questions i know. But i just want to know the good and bad before i make a 500 $$$ buy. I know i could blow my motor. so i already got that one down.

Curtis
Thanks alot in advance.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:53 AM

Default Re: Using Nitrous: whats safe (CleanGreen)

Nitrous is as safe as you make it. it all depends on how your engine is tuned, shape it was in prior to juice, lots of other variables but you should be fine with a 50-75 shot wet system on a stock LS block. i just put a 75 shot NOS kit on my F22 Accord and i'm more than happy with the results.
You need to pull timing back when your running the nitrous either it be by computer control or manual retard. once

When the bottle runs out your cars fun factor goes down by like 60 points and you won't wanna drive the car no more......nothing will go bad but depending on the setup it may still spray fuel into the intake if you tried to spray with an empty bottle unless ZEX has some type of systme to shut everything down.

After about 4 or 5 fills of the bottle and your initial investement you could have just gone turbo......but that's a whole another story

Brain

Old 01-31-2006, 09:49 AM

Okay yeah thats what im thinking bout, i dontknow anywhere, that fills them in columbus ga, but i know atl you can im sure. and at tracks, but is like 30 dollars for 10lb bottle. it will add up
Old 01-31-2006, 05:50 PM

Default Re: (CleanGreen)

If you use it just to race n20 is very effective, and you still get your daily reliable driving. Just make sure you never run lean, or detonate, so bump your timing back 2-3 deg. and use an intake fuel pump....to be safe.....also use a colder heat range spark plug.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sc4dr)

if this is atrack car i would do a direct port DRY setup and have the extra fuel added via the injectors... Also pm 1700anddropping i think is his name he has a cornucopia of knowledge lol
Old 02-03-2006, 07:56 PM

Default Re: (Soccerking3000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CleanGreen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a stock ls bottum end, port and polished 3 angle valve job b16 head.
Now i want to put a 50 shot of wet nitrous on there, is this safe?

Ive been told yes, and I may have to retard the timing just a tad. Also for a 50 to 75 is direct port better than the regular 4cyl kit.

And does the regular kit just hook up to the intake before the TB.

Help me out a little bit, i read alot on the zex.com site. but just one to get a hands on experience information kinda thing.

Also it says when you go full throttle nitrous engages. so when the bottle runs out is it bad to go full throttle as if you did not have nitrous. And also if you have the bottle closed and go full throttle what happens, does that burn up and thing in the kit.

yeah lots of questions i know. But i just want to know the good and bad before i make a 500 $$$ buy. I know i could blow my motor. so i already got that one down.

Curtis
Thanks alot in advance.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the zex kit you're talking about is the smart zex kit. this computer learns your
fuel patterns i believe and you get to set it at a certain RPM when it engages.
you can turn it of by simply disarming the system. which im sure there's a switch
for and run all motor. just arm your system and all you have to do it gun it
then it will automatically engage @ rpm its set for. its a dry zex kit i believe "smart"
kit. 50-75 shots sounds pretty safe to me.