Notices

uberdata 1000cc injector help!!...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 05:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uberdata 1000cc injector help!!...

ok, i have 1000cc precision injectors in my jdm h22 right now... im not going to be running much boost (only like 8 ) the reason i went with 1000 injectors is because in the future i plan on building and running big boost and i didnt want to buy 550's just to have to buy bigger ones l8ter... i am really not very good with uberdata at all... but i cant get my car to run well at all... i guess it has to do with the 1000's.. and i have a venom fuel pump in the car so i think my fuel pressure isnt at the 42psi either.... i need all and any advice.... i need my car to run its my only car... please help... ( i posted on uberdata... but i never get any responses on the site.. so i posted here... thanks...)
Old 06-20-2005, 05:56 AM

Default Re: uberdata 1000cc injector help!!... (turboH22Aakkord)

ok try this. First thing is to get the Fuel pressure down to stock. The only reason you'd raise fuel pressure is to help the injetors out, something you really dont need to do.

Now i what i did to get my 1000's to idle real nice, was i loaded up a basemap. I didnt' touch it. I just made a basemap off of a stock map. From there, i went to the misc tab and selected injector null time. Get the car to idle at 14.7:1 by ONLY tunning the injector null time. Dont touch the fuel cells. Once you hit 14.7:1 by increacing the injector null time 5-2points per go, then go ahead and tune the carnormally.

Make sure the fuel modifiers (like tps, cold, and main enrichments) are turned on and set at 24 i think.

That should take care of idle and tip in lean to the point where its not causing any harm.

BTW- you have to save the basemap before you change the injector null time, and reload it every time. I dont know how the application works, if ithe numbers are added or what, so its best to start from a clean slate every time you input a new inj null time. So load the unmodified basemap and change thenull time to 20, if its too lean still, load the unmodified basemap again and change it to 25, and soforth.

Good luck. My 1000's idle like stock and i just don't know what all the fuss is about. I learned to tune on em and i was able to make them work just fine!
Old 06-20-2005, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: uberdata 1000cc injector help!!... (Si Shane)

get a fuel pressure gauge and a good regulator. your probably running higher fuel pressure with a pump and stock regulator.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:23 AM

Default Re: uberdata 1000cc injector help!!... (Si Shane)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Si Shane &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok try this. First thing is to get the Fuel pressure down to stock. The only reason you'd raise fuel pressure is to help the injetors out, something you really dont need to do.

Now i what i did to get my 1000's to idle real nice, was i loaded up a basemap. I didnt' touch it. I just made a basemap off of a stock map. From there, i went to the misc tab and selected injector null time. Get the car to idle at 14.7:1 by ONLY tunning the injector null time. Dont touch the fuel cells. Once you hit 14.7:1 by increacing the injector null time 5-2points per go, then go ahead and tune the carnormally.

Make sure the fuel modifiers (like tps, cold, and main enrichments) are turned on and set at 24 i think.

That should take care of idle and tip in lean to the point where its not causing any harm.

BTW- you have to save the basemap before you change the injector null time, and reload it every time. I dont know how the application works, if ithe numbers are added or what, so its best to start from a clean slate every time you input a new inj null time. So load the unmodified basemap and change thenull time to 20, if its too lean still, load the unmodified basemap again and change it to 25, and soforth.

Good luck. My 1000's idle like stock and i just don't know what all the fuss is about. I learned to tune on em and i was able to make them work just fine! </TD></TR></TABLE>

kool man... thanks a bunch for the detailed response... ill look it over tonight and see what i can come up with... you wouldnt happen to wana make me a quick basemap would ya thanks man...

anyone else?
Old 06-20-2005, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're insane for using 1000cc with Uberdata IMHO. I get pissed off with 550s, and 1000s will only be 10x worse.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:31 AM

Default Re: (blundar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blundar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You're insane for using 1000cc with Uberdata IMHO. I get pissed off with 550s, and 1000s will only be 10x worse.</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha.. figures... but before i bought the injectors... i posted on here any some guys told me i would be fine....
Old 06-20-2005, 07:32 AM

does aem's fpr have a thing on it so that i can set a fuel gauge right on it? thanks...
Old 06-20-2005, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboH22Aakkord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does aem's fpr have a thing on it so that i can set a fuel gauge right on it? thanks...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont think it does. Get a remote unit like sx, aeromotive etc... also, we've tuned cars with 880-1000cc injectors on Uberdata & Crome with not problems.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had significant issues with Uberdata.
-TPS tip in being totally broken
-Cold start being minorly broken
-No control over ECT enrichment leading to severe AFR drift with varying coolanttemps

That's just my experience tho. If you get it working right, more power to you. I wasn't able to.

Crome works much better IMHO. Maybe I'm just more lucky. *shrug*
Old 06-20-2005, 10:21 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blundar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You're insane for using 1000cc with Uberdata IMHO. I get pissed off with 550s, and 1000s will only be 10x worse.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i'll be trying to run 1600cc's with uber.. plus a 3bar
Old 06-20-2005, 10:30 AM

is chrome easyer or what? is it primairly the same setup?
Old 06-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turboH22Aakkord)

at our shop, we switched from uberdata to crome and found it to work alot better, and without the bugs. pm (johann) he's a buddy of mine, we tuned his on crome with rc1000's on an H22 at 7psi. his car started right up and idled like the first try. see if he has his bin file, if not, i can try n get it at the shop, i'm off today so that does us no good
Old 06-20-2005, 11:05 AM

Default Re: (reaction360)

awesome ... thanks alot man... where do i go to get the chrome software and stuff? do they have a site setup like uberdata? thanks again...
Old 06-20-2005, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (turboH22Aakkord)

You can DL Crome on the pgmfi forums, just look at the official release threads stickyd at the top. If you decide that you like CromeFREE so much you can upgrade to CromePRO for $149, just contact John Cui on how to do that. IMO the $149 I spent for CromePRO was well worth it to just have all the extra features.

http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewfor...b7d42

Old 06-20-2005, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlueShadow)

Old 06-20-2005, 11:16 AM

some of us still dont have 150 bucks to pay for datalogging. Because we are investing the rest into our car. Some of use dont want to pay 150 bucks for it, but i'm not one of them

I got uberdata to work perfectly with 1000cc injectors, my only varience in AFR was from hot to cold days, and i had two fuel maps.

The bugs, well i always had a laptop in my car, so they were no big deal. As far as i'm concerned Crome is a great program, but for whatever reason does not work with my ostrich. I dunno, but it works with everyone elses and not mine. I've read the forums to the end of time, but oh well. I'm ok.

I dont really know what i did with modifying the injetor nulol time, i've posted it on the uberdata forums and on here and no one has responded to me negatively telling me i'm an idiot and i shouldn't hvae done that.

I just noticed that if you incerease the pulse time you run richer, lol. So by making the pulse width very large (and fattening the whole map), you can help to eliminate the 'innacurate' first pulse when you step on the throttle, and tune back the rest of the fuel maps for vacumn, and of course add some more fuel for boost

I forgot to put my disclamer at the top of my first post, i dont know anything!
Old 06-20-2005, 11:16 AM

some of us still dont have 150 bucks to pay for datalogging. Because we are investing the rest into our car. Some of use dont want to pay 150 bucks for it, but i'm not one of them

I got uberdata to work perfectly with 1000cc injectors, my only varience in AFR was from hot to cold days, and i had two fuel maps.

The bugs, well i always had a laptop in my car, so they were no big deal. As far as i'm concerned Crome is a great program, but for whatever reason does not work with my ostrich. I dunno, but it works with everyone elses and not mine. I've read the forums to the end of time, but oh well. I'm ok.

I dont really know what i did with modifying the injetor nulol time, i've posted it on the uberdata forums and on here and no one has responded to me negatively telling me i'm an idiot and i shouldn't hvae done that.

I just noticed that if you incerease the pulse time you run richer, lol. So by making the pulse width very large (and fattening the whole map), you can help to eliminate the 'innacurate' first pulse when you step on the throttle, and tune back the rest of the fuel maps for vacumn, and of course add some more fuel for boost

I forgot to put my disclamer at the top of my first post, i dont know anything!
Old 06-20-2005, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Si Shane)

wasnt there an updated software for ostrich? from moates?
Old 06-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (reaction360)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by reaction360 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wasnt there an updated software for ostrich? from moates?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know if you had Uberdata and Ostrich you had to revert the firmware to an older version with UD 1.7ost2. When I went to Crome I had to update my Ostrich firmware to the most current one, and I think I Crome 1.1.6B is the only one that is Ostrich friendly.

If it is a issue with the type of laptop being used then Craig Moates and John Cui should be notified of it. Maybe if enough people reported similar problems and John and Craig notice a pattern, then they can do something to fix it by updating the firmware and Crome.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:43 PM

crome rocks i got 1000 cc idling almost like stock. It was worth the money.