Notices

TURBOEDIT - HOW TO - Is There A Good Write Up? Experts Explain in ENGLISH

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 09:34 AM
I want a CRX tattoed on my butt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TURBOEDIT - HOW TO - Is There A Good Write Up? Experts Explain in ENGLISH

Ive got my turbo kit all pieced out and ready to rock. But now its winter and the onyl thing I have left is learning how the hell to use TurboEdit

Ive got a chipped pm6 with an erasable chip I bought form xenocron.

Now Ive read his guide on his website and its really not for the common person starting from scratch. Like I have noooooo idea about "stable roms" and importing and exporting and scalling maps and such.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to how to get this **** working. Ive got as far as to download the stock PM6 bin file thing and open it and click around, really dont know what Im doing and want to learn how to tune my own car with my wideband and laptop by March like a pro

I need help
Old 11-08-2005, 09:50 PM

Default Re: TURBOEDIT - HOW TO - Is There A Good Write Up? Experts Explain in ENGLISH (CanadianMade)

bump for beginners and learning
Old 11-09-2005, 05:48 AM

Default Re: TURBOEDIT - HOW TO - Is There A Good Write Up? Experts Explain in ENGLISH (CanadianMade)

Old 11-09-2005, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nobody's going to spoon feed you. Read.... Read some more.... then read it again.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

check out the turboEDIT forum im sure there is a lot of basic info on there and moe people that could help you get started

http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewforum.php?f=39
Old 11-09-2005, 06:40 AM

The thing is without reading you won't truly understand what your doing and you may just blow your engine. It's like taking a test with use helping you out. You really don't understand and you may not get the correct answer from your buddy. Once you truly understand what's going on then Turboeidt is easy to use and you can tune pretty much any car with any software. GL in your reading it takes a while, but don't give up
Old 11-09-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Re: TURBOEDIT - HOW TO - Is There A Good Write Up? Experts Explain in ENGLISH (adseguy)

I can read, but I wish there was some tutorial vid or something to teach you, i learn by seeing
Old 11-09-2005, 12:14 PM

http://www.efi101.com/
Nothing but praises about this class

People would have made vids etc. but it's not that easy. In a perfect world I could teach someone how to tune in about 10 minutes (no joke) the problem is when you have a slight problem like plug gaps, clutch slip, ignition breaking up, detonation, I could keep going and going. You HAVE to know what the symptoms are for almost ANY case and THAT is not easy to teach. Read....as you learn you'll see what other problems people have encountered and how they solved it. No car starts out perfect and runs perfect you need to know what you are doing if you don't want trouble. I wish you luck