Notices

turbo xs dual boost cont. VS turbo smart dual stage boost cont.????

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo xs dual boost cont. VS turbo smart dual stage boost cont.????

Im going to purchase a dual boost controller but I cant make up my mind on which to go with.

Which is better and why?
Old 03-22-2006, 09:37 PM
New User

Default Re: turbo xs dual boost cont. VS turbo smart dual stage boost cont.???? (90 integra)

Either will work perfectly fine, one nice thing is teh Turbosmart has a **** though, the Turbo XS you do need to use an allen wrench. Many of teh old school guys who have been in this sport for awhile will remember that the TurboSmart and TurboXS boost controllers used to be IDENTICAL in design, TurboSmart started in Australia first, if memory serves me correct the owner of Turbo XS started making the boost controllers same as TurboSmart, they were a sister company I think. Then TurboSmart changed their designs later on. Jermaine over at Turbo XS can shed light on that matter though So really I couldn't say one is better than the other, I sell both
Old 03-23-2006, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo xs dual boost cont. VS turbo smart dual stage boost cont.???? (Boostfed.com)

I made my own. Cost about $50 in its current state. You could add another MBC to it for another $15.

Its a 2 way solenoid from grainger PN: 6JJ52
The MBC can be purchased online from http://www.dawesdevices.com or be made per the instructions:http://www.gusmahon.org/html/boostcontrol.htm

The only thing is don't buy the 5346K51 on gus's site. Buy 50785K26 so you can screw it right into the MBC.