Notices

turbo timer problem or MSD wiring problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 04:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo timer problem or MSD wiring problem?

I have a problem with my turbo timer or my MSD i'm not quite sure but i hope someone here can have an idea what's happening to my system.

I hope anyone with a turbo timer and an MSD 6A ignition in their cars can shed light on this problem.

I have a blitz FATT DC turbo timer. I hooked it up just like what the instruction manual tells me to do. I always set it on auto timer mode so it automatically calculates the idling time needed based on the ignition pulses.

I recently installed an MSD 6A ignition and the problem comes up. after i installed the MSD, whenever i switch off the ignition the engine rev drops and practically close to stalling and then after a split second the rev goes up to about 2000rpm and then drops down again and stabilizes to idle rpm. Is this normal? I installed the MSD as per the instruction manual. The MSD is working coz i really did feel the difference, it's not just placebo effect.

It's very annoying and i don't know if it's because of the MSD or turbo timer. I'm thinking it's the MSD coz before i installed the MSD, the engine "stalling" doesn't happen at all. sure the revs drop a bit but not like it's gonna stall and then suddenly reving up to 2000rpm and back down then stabilizes at idle rpm. You couldn't really feel the turbo timer taking over before i installed the MSD. it was a smooth transition, i can even play tricks on people who don't know about turbo timers.

sometimes i just do it manually and not use the turbo timer at all. It's really annoying.

Does anybody with a turbo timer ever experience something like this?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-12-2003, 06:49 PM

Default Re: turbo timer problem or MSD wiring problem? (turb)

anyone? am i the only one having this problem? nobody ever experience this on their turbo timer?
Old 01-14-2003, 12:37 AM

Default Re: turbo timer problem or MSD wiring problem? (turb)

anyone? please? i still can't figure it out..