Notices

turbo setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo setup

hey guys i have a few ? i want to build up my ls but i dont know what to get, i mean i know but i dont know what company's and **** like that. i want low comp like 9:1 or so and if anybody has any setups they can so me or tell me. it would help out a lot thanks.

ps:if u dont want ppl to know just pm me or email me at hatchyboy19@hotmail.com thanks
Old 12-10-2004, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo setup (hatchyboy89)

and where r the best places and best prices to get the stuff.....thanks
Old 12-10-2004, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

as far as piecing it together...tial seems to have good products...wastegate/bov. A turboxs boost controller works good. As far as what turbo is best...not a clue, but precision seems to be a good choice..as well as their intercoolers...I guess it depends on the money you want to spend and what you expect out of the whole setup
Old 12-10-2004, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo setup (02SilverSiHB)

thanks but i ment more on build up
Old 12-10-2004, 07:59 PM

I own a ITR 01 turbo and my build up consists of JE 9:1 pistons, JE rings, Eagle rods, ARP studs, Darton sleeves, RC 750cc injectors, Moroso oil pan, ACT extreme pressure plate clutch, Spoon flywheel, Spoon high tension cords, Greddy Emanage, Greddy profec e-01, defi bf gauges (oil press, oil temp, boost), AEM adjustable fuel regulator, Walbro fuel pump, Rev hard stage 2 turbo kit, Buddy club spec 3 exhaust, Cometic headgasket and stock head. that's all I can remember for now. I better write this stuff down before I forget lol.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo setup (Mr. Miyagi)

what is your goal? how much hp are you looking to make? is this a daily driver? Street and track car? if you tell us these things we could help you out more
Old 12-11-2004, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo setup (JdmEKCivic)

its a daily driver that i take out every weekend to race,its street/track, i am lookin to get the most i can in hp, later down the road it will be a full drag car when i start buildin up the supra .thanks

and nice setup Mr.Miyagi and u got pics,times and what u put out....thanks
Old 12-11-2004, 05:27 PM

I've got a 94 GS-R and have built the block with JE 9.0:1 pistons, Crower Pro-Billet Rods, OE Honda Rod and Main Bearings, and am currently running a block gaurd but am going to Darton Sleeves, and ARP head-studs. I like this set up, reliable and able to handle large amounts of boost. I t should make a good base. Race Engineering has good prices and http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/ has good prices on Factory Honda dealer parts.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:22 PM

I just got my ITR back after like 7months by a dumbass shop, but I got a light tune for now (wintertime here) and I'm going to get a few more things like a MSD 6BTM and redo my car with russel braided lines because the shop did a hack job with my vaccum lines. But first inital tune I made 250whp at 8psi on a Mustang Dyno. I know Mustang dyno's give conservative horsepower amounts so I wonder what i'm pushing for real cause it feels like I'm a lot faster then that on the steet. The horsepower I made was just off of 2 hours on the dyno and we still got to smooth out my fuel curve and adjust timing, but for now I can drive it for a while and come back for like 6 hours of tunning for the Expo. So I'm hoping to make about 400whp when I get more tunning. My car held 20 pounds of boost already so I at least know my bottom end can handle it, but I still got to break it in so I can't romp on it too much yet. My advice is, if your going to turbo your car, get everything you'll need to safely handle the boost and amount of power your going to run. Your motor will thank you.