Notices

Turbo Recommendations: Stock Block B18C5 (stock for now - will be built block later)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Turbo Recommendations: Stock Block B18C5 (stock for now - will be built block lat

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
Very interesting ! I can totally understand what your trying to explain with the JRSC setups I too once had my LHT JRSC pretty much maxed out with 12psi and only made 285hp and the way you describe the power band is pretty much how I tried explain it. I since moved on to a different style SC (Pro Charger) and its a whole lot better, kind of like a funky belt driven turbo that sounds like a jet lol (gets annoying sometimes), im around 350hp now on the Stock B18C5 block and I really like it, My IAT's on my JRSC was also around 140 and with the SC I have now the IAT are like 80 to 120 depending on the weather, the other night I did a few pulls and temps just stayed around 85! it was a cold night but even with the LHT JRSC temps will rise after a few pulls. Its fun but peak psi comes around red line which kinda sucks but it almost feels like I have a strong V6 now. Boost tapers up as rpms rise Im still improving this setup as time goes on.. but who knows maybe ill go turbo too some day i wanna feel that punch you describe from the instant boost! lol, GL and car looks amazing!
Thanks bro! I considered getting a ProCharger before too but hot damn they wanted 5k for a complete kit. How many pounds are you pushing on your ProCharger? It's interesting that peak psi doesn't come as soon as you get on the throttle like a roots blower. I guess the snail needs time to spool up too!
Old 03-07-2019, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Re: Turbo Recommendations: Stock Block B18C5 (stock for now - will be built block lat

Originally Posted by porofek
Thanks bro! I considered getting a ProCharger before too but hot damn they wanted 5k for a complete kit. How many pounds are you pushing on your ProCharger? It's interesting that peak psi doesn't come as soon as you get on the throttle like a roots blower. I guess the snail needs time to spool up too!
LOL holly **** I didn't even notice you were the OP lol I know you!!! haha

Yea the engine has to rev up to spool the SC faster, I could use a much smaller pulley to create more boost in the lower rpm but it will limit the top end RPM the engine can rev too because I risk over revving the SC. I'm around 12 -14psi at redline I still haven't re tuned it last time I made 315 hp but was not a full tune Churches stopped because I had ECT issues, My new E tune from Pheriable.net on my new S300 V3 runs way!!! better. I checked a few data logs on a few pulls and I hit 9psi I believe at 7k rpm in 5th and I let off cause I hit around 120+mph and got scuurd! im sure its around 12 to 14psi, its pretty much a very similar setup as Byron and he made around 365 WHP on 14psi but he is Turbo charged now too. He likes his turbo setup more but I think its cause his SC broke fairly soon after install.. but he didn't like the peak boost only at redline that's why he likes his turbo kit better I believe. I have a few more mods including E85 I like to get on it before I retune it but im very satisfied on how it runs I don't want touch the tune it runs perfect for now

Any pics with the front bumper put back on?

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 03-07-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
LOL holly **** I didn't even notice you were the OP lol I know you!!! haha

Yea the engine has to rev up to spool the SC faster, I could use a much smaller pulley to create more boost in the lower rpm but it will limit the top end RPM the engine can rev too because I risk over revving the SC. I'm around 12 -14psi at redline I still haven't re tuned it last time I made 315 hp but was not a full tune Churches stopped because I had ECT issues, My new E tune from Pheriable.net on my new S300 V3 runs way!!! better. I checked a few data logs on a few pulls and I hit 9psi I believe at 7k rpm in 5th and I let off cause I hit around 120+mph and got scuurd! im sure its around 12 to 14psi, its pretty much a very similar setup as Byron and he made around 365 WHP on 14psi but he is Turbo charged now too. He likes his turbo setup more but I think its cause his SC broke fairly soon after install.. but he didn't like the peak boost only at redline that's why he likes his turbo kit better I believe. I have a few more mods including E85 I like to get on it before I retune it but im very satisfied on how it runs I don't want touch the tune it runs perfect for now

Any pics with the front bumper put back on?
Dude Zee I thought you knew it was me lol Here are some snaps of the front bumper

Old 03-08-2019, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Fitment looks great dude nice job! man I really want more HP lately with all the turbo builds I have been seeing lately!