Notices

turbo questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo questions

i have a few questions about a turbo. on my turbo inlet and outlet lines if the inlet line is on top and the outlet line comes out the bottom of the turbo is that better or worse? does it need to be like gravity fed or anything or will it push the oil through itself? Also i have a 93 integra and its turboed the oil feed line for the turbo is in the side of my head right above the tranny it has been that way since i bought it is it bad there? should it be in the back of the block where the oil filter houseing is? im just making sure that my turbo is bad and not the stuff in the car cause it has a turbonetics kit and the turbo went out so i replaced it with an xs power turbo and then it started haveing oil come out the houseing into the exhaust pipe therefore making it smoke and the motor is fine. i just want to know what u guys think about that setup for my oil lines and if that is right or wrong or if i should change something to make it better there is also no restrictor in the oil line its just straight into the turbo with a fitting this the way i bought it and i had it for about 3 days the old turbo went out and i put this one on. This one runs fine it just smokes but has no other problems at all just leaks oil into the exhaust. i was just wondering if maybe the turbo is fine and i have the oil lines backwards or sometihng but the small inlet on the turbo is in right and the big square is out? Let me know what u think i set it up the same way it was before but it smokes.

thanks