Notices

Turbo Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Problem

ok so my car runs fine until I boost after which when I try to accelerate from a dead stop the car like struggles and I need to have my pedal to the floor so it starts to accelerate. But if I turn the car off and then back on its fine. So my guess is that the map sensor is seeing the boost and then making my car run retarded but I have a missing link peice installed so I don't know how this could be. This is the missing link peice i'm using and i installed it exactly how its pictured with the big opening on top.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Turbo Problem (nicktagz)

there's a little gasket on the manifold side of the map sensor, the little gasket goes on top of the bypass(see the groove there?)

check to see if you put it on the wrong way, sometime when you have a bad gasket(esp. when you put it in the wrong way and force it in), it will act weird due to the leak.

that's how my old bypass valve works, if you still can't get rid of the problem, try to use fishtank check valves, put three in a series by using plastic tee's
Old 09-27-2006, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Turbo Problem (iam7head)

yea i have a gasket in there and it works fine until i boost. i tried the check vavle thing thinking it might be the missing link but i have the same problem car runs fine until boost after which i have to jam my foot on the gas to make it go or turn the car off then back on so it will run ok again. any other suggestions?
Old 09-27-2006, 05:11 PM

Did you use the filter that came with the missing link to block that little side hole.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:48 AM

Default Re: Turbo Problem (BOOSTED RIVAL)

yea. I'm really just wondering if the map sensor seeing the boost is my problem. Could it be something else?
Old 09-28-2006, 08:04 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nicktagz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea. I'm really just wondering if the map sensor seeing the boost is my problem. Could it be something else?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you have a missing link the map sensor is not seeing boost... the missing link masks boost from the MAP sensor. Its probably not an issue with the missing link or the map. Check other things, fuel, vaccuum lines, etc. The honda ecu (with stock map) should be able to see 11psi. Get rid of the missing link and fmu if you have one and go with a chipped ecu and tune. Stop wasting time troubleshooting these peices of junk.

Trust me its how i blew a piston ring. Get a real tune asap and dont boost till then.