Turbo Mini Me Setup Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 02:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Mini Me Setup Question

I've been researching the archieves and haven't found an answer to my question. I have a D16z6 right now...and lookin to get an A6 block for some added compression. I am almost done with my turbo setup, and wanted to know how much PSI to run (was planning on 10 with Z6 block), and if the Greddy Blue Box I have will handle my setup. CR Should be around 10:1...thats why I wanna do the swap before turbo since it will help in adding power. I'll be running a T25 turbo more than likely with an STD manifold.

Any suggestions?...I know tunning is key...and I know I can't really tune with the Blue Box. I'm on a limited budget and just wanna try and squeez what power I can before turbo and while I'm turbo. My guess is that I will have to retard the timing a few degrees and also use turn the FPR up...but I don't know how much. Please help...because I'm lookin to buy the block this week and install it by the coming weekend.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:38 AM

Default Re: Turbo Mini Me Setup Question (H23 EG Hybrid)

U would be in the minority if U upped your compression. My D16Z6 was lowered to 9:1 compression. Do U have a FMIC ? 10 psi w/o one is a recipe for disaster. Plus "good tuning" usually means a piggyback or standalone ecu that U can fine tune. As U've mentioned, the Greddy blue box is preset.

If U do go the way of the A6 block, hang onto your original.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm lookin for some people with the same or very similar setup to come forward...so please do so.

And yeah...I'll be running an FMIC...the whole nine yards...I just was shortening the list to the basic stuff for the setup. Good inquirey though.

Setup will be as follows:
STD Manifold
BMC or Custom Adapter Plate
T25 Turbo
2.5" Charge Pipes
Johnny Race Car FMIC
2.5" Custom DP
Greddy Blue Box Piggyback
1g BOV
Campbell-Housefireld Pressure Regulator (Boost Controller)
10lbs of Boost or less with A6
Stock blocks

More insite please
Old 06-14-2004, 01:36 PM
In The Garage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you are gona learn a whole lot with this setup. low compression and high boost is better than high compression and low boost. makes more power and is easier on the engine. High compression and high boost are what most pro-series drag cars run, but you need to put LOTS of work int o an engine to pull it off.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ShadyEH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ShadyEH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you are gona learn a whole lot with this setup. low compression and high boost is better than high compression and low boost. makes more power and is easier on the engine. High compression and high boost are what most pro-series drag cars run, but you need to put LOTS of work int o an engine to pull it off.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Basically the only reason I'm thinking of doin this setup is that I talked to a friend of mine that has an H23 turbo...and he lowered the CR to 9:1 when he built it up. He was tellin me about how when you have low compression...your setup becomes too boost reliant...so you lack botom end power. He actually had the manifold trying to rip off the head because he had to boost so high. He said if he had it all to do over again...he'd have the CR be closer to stock which is 9.8:1...that way you're not so boost reliant and you don't have to boost as high to make as much power. He said 10:1 is a good number to aim for since it's in the middle...still low...but high enough to make good gains...and not too high where you have to really really worry about tunning and detonation. Because of all this...my other friend with a built 2.0L GSR-T here on HT(Gunmetal_Tegra) went with a 10:1 CR setup.

I realize they both have built blocks and are running hondata...so thats where I'm in the hole. Plus I'd like a little extra power for my NA setup before I go boost if possible. So keep the info coming.
Old 06-14-2004, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ShadyEH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ShadyEH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you are gona learn a whole lot with this setup. low compression and high boost is better than high compression and low boost. makes more power and is easier on the engine. High compression and high boost are what most pro-series drag cars run, but you need to put LOTS of work int o an engine to pull it off.</TD></TR></TABLE>

low c/r and high boost is more for a track car........but for a street monster mild compression which is 10:1-5:1 and low boost will dominate suka...... in the end its all in tuning.......