Notices

Turbo Made me Emo..........Non VTAK inside

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 11:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Made me Emo..........Non VTAK inside

Nah, not really, but I am having a **** load of problems and I def need some help with this one

Just tonight I was driving around town and I noticed on my awesome A/F ratio gauge that I was running more rich than usual so I took it easy and stayed outta boost. Later on I decieded to get into boost and the car feels like its cutting out. I know I'm getting too much fuel but this just started up tonight and I havent had a problem like this before, not to mention my boost is spiking like Whoa and my MBC is set to the lowest setting it can go on a 7lb wastegate spring. It was also pretty humid out today in the NorthEast and I have yet to still drill a hole in my charge piping near the throttle body for one sensor found on the obd2 civic harnesses that goes into the intake to measure intake temp I do believe. Could this be a main reason why I was running too much fuel today? I'm going to see if it does the same thing tomorrow. I checked all possible lines and made the proper adjustments so I didnt have leaks especially in the vacume line that goes from the wastegate to the MBC. I am still on a basemap which is Crome on a p75 but this is the first time in about a month that this has happened. I'm tuning next weekend anyways so I already know about the tuning issue but I have no idea why my car would dump so much damn fuel in and run like total ****. At about 6 lbs of boost it feels as though it wants to cut out and die on me and not generate any more power. I also seem to have a compressor surge. What is the best way to get rid of that? I really don't want shaft play in the future. What is the easiest way of getting rid of that surge. Sure it sounds really cool but I know its not good! Could it also be the gap in the spark plugs that it''s not delivering the appropriate spark. They are at factory gap from Bosch. Any information could be helpful at this point.

here's my setup of the very basics

B18b1 motor swap
b16a tranny
b16a throttle body
p75 ecu with crome
99 civic ex wiring harness
Cometic headgasket
Garrett T3 turbo .42 a/r .48 hot
Ram Horn Design Turbo Manifold
RFL BOV
RC 550cc injectors
Hi Flow fuel Rail
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
JR Intercooler
2.5in intercooler piping

edit: I'm pretty retarded to be running on a basemap especially for a long period of time but I'm really poor and can't afford a tune till next weekend and I gotta have a vehicle to get to place to place. college and work are 2 pains in the ***!
Old 05-27-2006, 02:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo Made me Emo..........Non VTAK inside (JayDiemB18bCivic)

Stay out of boost till u get it tuned..
Old 05-27-2006, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for a better answer cuz I already know this
Old 05-27-2006, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i don't know b engines well, but i don't think you even need that sensor using a p75.... but like i said, i'm not sure what kind of o2 guage do you have?
Old 05-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the spike is most likely due to the small turbo.
it spools up real quick (hits more boost than its set to) and then drops off to normal boost levels. happens on small turbos that are spooled real quick...

is it internal wastegate?
Old 05-27-2006, 11:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nerdsports)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nerdsports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the spike is most likely due to the small turbo.
it spools up real quick (hits more boost than its set to) and then drops off to normal boost levels. happens on small turbos that are spooled real quick...

is it internal wastegate?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, I know my friends t25 spooled up really quick and spiked, the wastegate is external. It's a tial and I have a turboXs MBC. But the MBC is set low and my wastegate just keeps cranking to 14+ lbs of boost. Sure it's fun as hell but I don't need to be breaking ****. oh. BTW, I love my b18b! \

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by coneheadsracing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i don't know b engines well, but i don't think you even need that sensor using a p75.... but like i said, i'm not sure what kind of o2 guage do you have?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, so far, for the month I've been using it, there really hasnt been a proble, but today I bought new plugs and gapped them to .030 and that got rid of the fuel issue with the fuel being poured into the combustion chamber, just wasn't igniting properly. That an I noticed that my motor is running pretty hot. idk if it's under hood temps cuz I do have the manifold heat wrapped but my plug wires were wicked hot upon removal. They are also NGK's like the plugs so I think I'm going to replace them soon. The o2 gauge is the glowshift gauge. Works well, had no problems with it and is pretty accurate, but I'm a broke son of a bitch and can't offord some wideband **** so I'm just saving so I can get tuned and not worry about washing out my rings and blowby.

Old 05-28-2006, 05:32 AM

if you have a version of crome that has advanced tables it has enrichments for iat, and ect. your ect is more than likely connected, but your iat isn't. therefore, it would make sense that since your iat isn't reading actual intake temp, but a temp that may be cooler it could be enriching to compensate.

since it's not a sensor that should be disabled get it into your intake and see if that helps.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (scttydb411)

If you don't have a wide band, and don't have the money for it, by all means stop boosting, especialy 14 psi...... you have no idea what is going on in your engine, and could very well be on its way to going BOOM! If you do keep boosting, keep a camera rolling for some good footage
Old 05-28-2006, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (coneheadsracing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by coneheadsracing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you don't have a wide band, and don't have the money for it, by all means stop boosting, especialy 14 psi...... you have no idea what is going on in your engine, and could very well be on its way to going BOOM! If you do keep boosting, keep a camera rolling for some good footage </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha, yea, I always think that every day, it's pretty cool.

but yea, I did stop boosting and I am tuning this coming weekend, finally. Damn boost spikes