Turbo GSR, Little help

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Turbo GSR, Little help

Well my friend and i installed the turbo setup on his GSR, It seemed to run pretty good, for everything being stock.

He dosnt have a boost controller or anyything yet, the car has an external waste gate also, i looked at a diagram of a waste gate vacumn routing, and it was from the turbo, to one end of the controler then the other fitting back to the other end of the controller

If he dosnt have a controller yet what does it get attached to.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Turbo GSR, Little help

If your not using a boost controller, leave the top port open to atmosphere and run the side port to the intake manifold.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^ NOO
its a bad idea to run your wastegate off the intake mani. your wastegate isnt suppose to ever see vacuum so it should be ran off of a boost source somewhere before the throttle body. for example off of your turbo or tap into your intercooler piping somewhere. the top port is suppose to be open and the pre throttle body source does go the the side port. i always like to tap the compressor housing on my turbo if it doesnt already have one and run it that way
Old 12-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boostnbee
^ noo
its a bad idea to run your wastegate off the intake mani. Your wastegate isnt suppose to ever see vacuum so it should be ran off of a boost source somewhere before the throttle body. For example off of your turbo or tap into your intercooler piping somewhere. The top port is suppose to be open and the pre throttle body source does go the the side port. I always like to tap the compressor housing on my turbo if it doesnt already have one and run it that way
plus 1 agreed
Old 12-31-2008, 04:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmm. I've been running it like that for years when going straight off the wastegate. However, whenever I use a boost controller, I always use a pre throttle body source for the signal. When using a boost controller, do you then run the side of the wastegate AND the boost controller boost source to the same pre throttle body source?