Notices

Turbo b18 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo b18 Questions

ok im going to turbo charge my b18 ls motor. Its a 93 integra i just have a few questions. I am very familiar with how to set up a turbo kit i've done it many times before. I just have a quick tuning question and also some opinions and suggestions on my set up. I'm not looking for big horsepower just a reliable daily driven 200-250 horse maybe. I think i'm going to go with a smaller turbo with an internal gate, just something that will spol quickly and make decent power. I'm Thinking a dsm turbo just because they're easy to find cheap. I also have some dsm 450cc injectors i plan on using. My question to those of you with experience is. 1. if i install this set up with these injectors (keep in mind i know how to hook them up, new resistor pack and what not) will i be able to just turn the car over and have it run well with the stock ecu? Should it idle and run fine with about 10 pounds of boost with these injectors and set up or will i need to do some tuning? 2 if i do need to tune what would be the cheapest way to do it and what do i need to get? does this setup sound like it will work well? should 450s work good. i need some input and suggestions please help me out.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:08 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: Turbo b18 Questions

No, you will need to tune it. crome is probably your best bet, its a free download. yes your setup sounds like it will give you what you want. make sure you get a fuel pump though. 450's will be more than enough for what you want.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes but how do i make chrome work? how do i hook everything up? do i need a fricken lap top and ****. i was hoping to do this somehow with air fuel tuners or something. can that be done?
Old 01-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have only turbo charged cars that had a direct replacement ecu that came from a turbo model. i have made NA dsms turbo with a turbo ecu and i did a Nissan sentra sr20de turbo upgrade with a det ecu see what im saying. I'm clueless on how to tune a honda ecu or tune it at all can someone point me to a step by step guide that will help me understand how it work? If i have directions im good at stuff like that. can someone help? is this going to be expensive. and what would happen if i dont tune i'd like to hear someone answer that as well.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:37 PM
official honda whore

you will need to get a chipped ecu with a basemap from:
www.j-k-tuning.com
www.xenocron.com
etc etc
you tell them your setup (turbo, manifold, injectors, motor, etc etc)
they send you an ecu that will get your car running good enough to drive to a local tuner and have the car tuned (i would imagine a street tune would be plenty for your power goals)
Old 01-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so i just tell them what i'm running and they'll send me an ecu all set up and ready? are there any well enough made so that i wont need a dyno?
Old 01-08-2009, 10:30 PM
HT White Ops

They will send you a basemap. No, there isn't a chip out there that is specific for your application. Its a basemap to get you to the tuner safely without going into boost or WOT. It seems that you are trying to do this and cut every single corner possible. If thats the case then don't waste your time and money because your just gonna end up spending more in the long run. There is a lot more to turboing a car then a turbo and manifold. Proper fuel set up and tuning are of the utmost importance. Tuning is not something that you read an article on and have it mastered. Seriously, boosting your honda doesn't seem to suite your budget. Like I said before, your trying to cut corners, one of the most important things at that.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by lookout22
yes but how do i make chrome work? how do i hook everything up? do i need a fricken lap top and ****.
Yes you will need a fricken lap top and ****.

Originally Posted by lookout22
and what would happen if i dont tune i'd like to hear someone answer that as well.
BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!