Notices

turbo actuator question

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo actuator question

my friend told me if i can move this rod, then its bad.. and i am not running full boost? or something to that extent? is there any truth to this?
Old 01-14-2004, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: turbo actuator question (stolencrx)

can you restate your question?
it diesn't make complete sense to me
Old 01-14-2004, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

He is asking if he can move the actuator rod by hand, is it then bad, thus he won't get full boost.

Old 01-14-2004, 08:25 AM

Default Re: turbo actuator question (HXMan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HXMan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He is asking if he can move the actuator rod by hand, is it then bad, thus he won't get full boost.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

or i lose boost... correct. so any answers?
Old 01-14-2004, 08:39 AM

you should be able to move it by hand when the engine is off cause there's no vaccuum, right?

When idling i don't know, may be difficult if not possible.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo actuator question (r4adkshn1)

you can gain more boost by doing this. I'd suggest just getting an MBC but if you wanted to increase the boost just twist the locknut so the push rod pushes more toward the actuator. When I get home I'll post a website that tells how to do this.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: turbo actuator question (Happyman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Happyman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you can gain more boost by doing this. I'd suggest just getting an MBC but if you wanted to increase the boost just twist the locknut so the push rod pushes more toward the actuator. When I get home I'll post a website that tells how to do this.</TD></TR></TABLE>

or iwill just do it

http://www.gamesbbs.com/~dmoore/turbo-tuning.htm
Old 01-14-2004, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

is that a tractor???
Old 01-14-2004, 09:58 AM
Trial User

Silly Rabbit, Tricks are for kids..

In response to his question, if you're able to move the wastegate rod easily with your hand, you are not holding much boost at all. This is potentially serious. Because there is no tension in the spring, no pressure will open that gate to the safe level you had before. The turbo will then overboost, because there is nothing to control it. (And no a boost controller won't help, because it controls the spring). Too much pressure from the boost will enter into the motor, then BAM!!! bye bye..

You'll need to replace that immediately if you're driving this vehicle.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (The Shodan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Shodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Silly Rabbit, Tricks are for kids..

In response to his question, if you're able to move the wastegate rod easily with your hand, you are not holding much boost at all. This is potentially serious. Because there is no tension in the spring, no pressure will open that gate to the safe level you had before. The turbo will then overboost, because there is nothing to control it. (And no a boost controller won't help, because it controls the spring). Too much pressure from the boost will enter into the motor, then BAM!!! bye bye..

You'll need to replace that immediately if you're driving this vehicle.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess I didn't understand his question. I thought he wanted to know if he could gain more boost by lengthening the actuator arm.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:12 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Shodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Silly Rabbit, Tricks are for kids..

You'll need to replace that immediately if you're driving this vehicle.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok i drive this vehicle daily. and the rod moves , but i have to use some pressure. i cant just flick it back.its gotta be forced. how do i know if its good or bad? i mean how much is too much?
Old 01-14-2004, 10:21 AM
Trial User

This is the only way to describe it.... if you're using over 20% of your force to move it, it's going soon... Don't know any other way to describe it.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:24 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Shodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is the only way to describe it.... if you're using over 20% of your force to move it, it's going soon... Don't know any other way to describe it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

oook.. how do i fix this then?
Old 01-14-2004, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stolencrx)

Get a new actuator :-P
Old 01-22-2004, 01:21 PM

Default Re: (Happyman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Happyman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get a new actuator :-P</TD></TR></TABLE>

does anyone know where i can find a new actuator internal, for my 15g? i looked on greddy but to no avail. anyone? thanks.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by r4adkshn1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you should be able to move it by hand when the engine is off cause there's no vaccuum, right?

When idling i don't know, may be difficult if not possible. </TD></TR></TABLE>

1st. HOLY ****. You're in the wrong forum buddy. Generel Discussion and Debate is 2 sections down. Someone take a post away from this guy please.

Silly ******, dicks are for chicks...

You just contradicted yourself. If there's no tension on the spring, the wastegate will open at 1psi and you can't build boost.

If you can pull-------&gt; this way on the wastegate, the spring inside the wastegate isn't holding boost. Instead, it's opening the flapper once it gets minimal boost.

It WILL NOT overboost the car.

#1 THe damn spring is set at 6-8 psi of pressure. Do you know how much 6-8 lbs of pressure per square inch is?! A LOT. If you CAN pull it open, obviously its not going to hold boost RIGHT?!

#2 The wastegate moves &lt;------- B/C of the spring closing it.

#3. KNOW WHAT YOU"RE POSTING BEFORE YOU POST DAMNIT. You fruitcakes are driving me nuts.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboB16aEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is that a tractor???</TD></TR></TABLE>

LMAO. Im not even gonna say anything

Modified by racinskittle at 10:45 PM 1/22/2004

Modified by racinskittle at 10:49 PM 1/22/2004

Modified by racinskittle at 10:51 PM 1/22/2004

Modified by racinskittle at 11:00 PM 1/22/2004