Notices

Tranny problems, need some assistance!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny problems, need some assistance!!!! UPDATE

My friend has a b16 tranny with a b20 turbo, the problem is it was difficult to shift into gear at high RPM. The tranny was leaking from the axle seal, but the oil is not low. The car now is not going into gear but, only goes into gear when the car is off. THe clutch is a Clutch Masters Stage 3 with an ACT pro lite flywheel. The car was giving us trouble during High rpm shifts within the past couple of weeks. Like at 7k rpm shifts into 3-5 gear were pretty rough and yesterday we blead the clutch but bubles were continuosly comming out after bleeding it for like 10 minutes. ALmost a full bottle of brake fluid. Right now the clutch feels softer then it did b4. I think it is the slave and master. He has not checked the master to see if it was leaking, and I was too lazy to do it yesterday. Any help would help.

UPDATE,05/17/2006- here it is, my friends was driving to work and when he got off the highway the car did not want to go into gear, anygear. He calls and is like WTF. We spoke and figured it to be two things the hydraulic lines or the pressure plate. Hmm, he calls when he makes it to work, I ask him to measure the distance of the fork when the clutch is depressed and it is normal so damn, there that goes. We figure we would take the tranny down and see what is up. Well yesterday it came down and we saw what is was. The Clutchmasters stage three clutch with the ACt flywheel he had appeared fine, but the springs stuck out a bit with the clutch plate pressed fully on the flywheel so I thought the springs on the plate were bad. We took it out and noticed that every spring casing on the disc had cracked and one of piece of the disc hub are had broken off entirely and lodged in another location on the disc cause damage to the pressure plate mating surface.

SO there that goes I will see if Clutch masters will do something about this, it lasted for almost two years, in b20 na, with nos, and now boosted. Never slipped just did not allow you to shift at the end . RIP stage three

Modified by drintegra at 9:04 AM 5/17/2006

Modified by drintegra at 9:05 AM 5/17/2006
Old 05-15-2006, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tranny problems, need some assistance!!!! (drintegra)

i had a cable tranny, but i dont know if it makes a difference if its hydro. check the throw out bearing....or the clip that holds it in. i had that problem once...car fired up and it would go into gear, but once the car was off, it would go into all the gears.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Tranny problems, need some assistance!!!! (drintegra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My friend has a b16 tranny with a b20 turbo, the problem is it was difficult to shift into gear at high RPM. The tranny was leaking from the axle seal, but the oil is not low. The car now is not going into gear but, only goes into gear when the car is off. THe clutch is a Clutch Masters Stage 3 with an ACT pro lite flywheel. The car was giving us trouble during High rpm shifts within the past couple of weeks. Like at 7k rpm shifts into 3-5 gear were pretty rough and yesterday we blead the clutch but bubles were continuosly comming out after bleeding it for like 10 minutes. ALmost a full bottle of brake fluid. Right now the clutch feels softer then it did b4. I think it is the slave and master. He has not checked the master to see if it was leaking, and I was too lazy to do it yesterday. Any help would help. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It sounds like you have a bad clutch master cylinder. Your clutch is not disengaging.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tranny problems, need some assistance!!!! (Dogginator)

I thought the same thing but the clutch master cylinder is not leaking from the piston side. Is there some other fault or is there something else that could be wrong with the cylinder. When you stand infront of the car and feel the Fork and depress the clutch it moves about an inch. I can not fully tell if that is the full range but can not compare as The car is not here now. Could the cylinder be bad in another way. THe only reason I head back to the hydraulic system is because the bubbles that were present during bleeding that did not go away. People also talk about the clutch plate but I just don't know. it grabs fine when engaged. Also the car was left idling and then he attempted to put the car in first, he was able to put it in first but it was very hard, and the car idle lowered, meaning the clutch was engaged, and the car was creeping forward. WTF. HElp please
Old 05-17-2006, 05:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tranny problems, need some assistance!!!! UPDATE (drintegra)

update at the top.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tranny problems, need some assistance!!!! UPDATE (drintegra)

we put the stage four in now and the car makes a retarded rattling now. Don't know what it is. Help please. the rattle occurs persistently with no difference with the clutch depressed or not. So back to square 1 again.