Notices

time to rebuild suckers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default time to rebuild suckers!!!

ok so i just bought my ride for cheap and it came with a b18b...well it burns oil so i might as well rebuild, and along with that i want to rebuild for boost...well i have an idea what i need to do but i still have some questions...my goal for boost is around 32 psi and around 500-600 hp...

i know im not 100% nor do i think i know everything, so all im asking is for help and reccomendations from people who know what they are talking about and not from people who think they know everything...so here it goes...

my parts list(or at least what i think i need so far):
forged pistons, rods, sleeves. clutch, 3 bar map sensor, catch can(s), headgasket(not sure what kind), springs and retainers(reccomended to me but i dont know if its necessary), 1000cc injectors, fuel rail, ecu(im thinking s100, 200, or 300, need reccomendations)...i think this is all so far...

when i take my block in i also dont know what to tell them to do or anything else like that...reccomendations would be appreciated on that also...

turbo parts im leaving out such as turbo, ic piping, gauges, etc...

im just looking for parts now...i dont plan to go vtec and im worrying about tires and suspension and all that later...i just want to get my engine rebuilt and order some turbo pieces later. i am keeping it on a strict budget, so i dont want to do like a port and polish and this an that...

so i hope you guys have a decent idea of what im trying to do and i will continue to help you guys out if you have any other questions...ive done alot of reading and searching and talking with people but i dont think im an expert by far so im looking for a little bit of help from the people who KNOW! thanks for all the help guys i appreciate it...
Old 08-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: time to rebuild suckers!!! (VTEC_PRODUCTION)

no one knows!?!?!?!?!! crazines!!!!
Old 08-05-2007, 08:31 PM

Classic situation. New to turbo, looking for 600hp on a budget....

The first thing you need to do is do a compression test, and put a junkyard turbo kit on the motor you already have. Don't ask anyone what you'll need or allow anyone to touch the car except yourself. Have fun, and in time blow up the motor (it's a proven part of the story), and by that time you have a clue on what you're doing. You'll know what is actually needed, and what is do-nothing-garbage, and the money that you'll have to spend to have 600hp won't end up being your first turbo motor (blown).

Any attempt at deviating from this classic scenerio will make baby Jesus and your wallet hate you.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: time to rebuild suckers!!! (stealthmode62)

not going to make 600hp on b18b with out doing head work. better start off on a more reasonable hp goal for a first timer.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:36 PM
i ♥ snails

stealth has the idea, educate your self before you try and accomplish your goals because you'll just be dissapointed.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: (quicksilver1689)

It's more about the first turbo motor being stock than knowing what you're doing. The "knowing what you're doing" thing is something you learn when you blow things up. It just so happens my advice is for that motor to be the stock one.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stealthmode62)

my goal is set high and i know i can do it without blowing a motor up...even if i kept it in the 400-500hp range i know stock b18b can do 400 hp...id like to know what to do atleast getting my engine ready for boost...it needs to be rebuilt so what do i do?
Old 08-06-2007, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (VTEC_PRODUCTION)

I love these posts, guy knows nothing, wants spoonfed, won't be able to build or fix this setup himself, but wants a balller V8 killer.

Typical noob.

Come on man, read up, do some research.

What you have know is called pipe dreams......read/learn grow and these pipe dreams Could become reality. Patience........
Old 08-06-2007, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTEC_PRODUCTION &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my goal is set high and i know i can do it without blowing a motor up...even if i kept it in the 400-500hp range i know stock b18b can do 400 hp...id like to know what to do atleast getting my engine ready for boost...it needs to be rebuilt so what do i do?</TD></TR></TABLE>

By stock you must mean untouched head and intake. By those standards, it would be no problem for a huge & laggy 60-1 with race gas to hit 400whp. Even with cams thats a stretch.

THose people who have done 400whp LS's and whatnot usually did not do it themselves. Typically they buy the parts, have someone do most of the work, then pay a lot for a few hours of dyno time. If they did most of the work themselves, its never on their first try.

Just remember to have enough money left over after your build to prep another head & block. Its very common for n00bs to blow up their first motor, regardless of how it was built.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HiProfile)

i give up...you guys are dumb...im going to barnes and noble...there is ALWAYS a right way to do something and a wrong way...if you dont want to share your knowledge then fine dont even post your crap
Old 08-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTEC_PRODUCTION &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i give up...you guys are dumb</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then why are you asking us questions?

Everyone is trying to be helpful by telling you that you are NOT going to make 600 on a budget. You are NOT going to make 600 on a stock head LS, and you are NOT going to make 400 on a stock LS on your first try.

Hell the highest stock LS right now that is recorded in the highest stock motor thread made 357/324.

I can only think of 2 LS motor that have ever been dynoed over 600 off the top of my head period.

Do yourself a favor and listen to these guys, they are only trying to watch out for you because we have all been in your shows before.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 140 Likes on 132 Posts

http://forums.evans-tuning.com...=3084 something like this is more realistic if you stay non-vtec stock ports, but your still looking at $5000+easy

[QUOTE=VTEC_PRODUCTION]
when i take my block in i also dont know what to tell them to do or anything else like thatQUOTE]
If you dont know what to tell them about your block, then figure out what generally needs to be done for a rebuild for the power level you are looking for.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:06 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTEC_PRODUCTION &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i give up...you guys are dumb...im going to barnes and noble...there is ALWAYS a right way to do something and a wrong way...if you dont want to share your knowledge then fine dont even post your crap</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL. Even Corky Bell would laugh.