Notices

Thoughts and opinions on my new set up and Noob ?s of mine

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts and opinions on my new set up and Noob ?s of mine

Ok i have a 1998 integra Type R. The car has the following mods done to it.
b18c5 block
Golden eagle sleeves
CP pistons 85 mm
pauter rods
oem bearings
ARP head studs
Exedy clutch stage 2
Fidanza flywheel
Hondata s200 W boost
p28 chipped
energy motor mounts
Rc injectors 550cc
Auto meter guages
toda cam gears
Drag turbo kit with a t3/4 .57 trim master power turbo
drag manifold
2.5 inch DP
spoon exhaust i think 2.35 inch
custom dump tube
tial wastegate
255 walbro fuel pump
greddy boost controller 3 setting one for comute one for normal driving and track
titanium springs and retainers i forgot the brand i think supertech
i forget what type of plugs i think NGK
intercooler that came with the drag kit

Ok now for my ?s

The first ? i have is how good is my fly wheel that i am having installed. I trusted the shop doing my work and sadly didnt research anything and just went with the flywheel the sugested was is an ok good or bad choice and why? the next ? is does hondata s200 w boost have a shift light option? The injectors i have are from when the block was stock. As you can see i upgraded a few things and rebuilt the motor i am looking to get around 350 whp which i am sure is possible and run pump gas the ? is will my 550 injector be ok? At what point should i consider going with a bigger injector and why? The tuner i brought my car to told me that my toda cam gears were a waste of money that i wont need them is that true. Will they not be needed for tuning my boosted car? On my manifold many people told me i should get a new one and have someone build me a custom one. They say the drag one is no good. Will i get more hp if a hve a custom one built and what is the benefit of getting rid of my log manifold? I know i should get rid of my exhaust i have. I am looking at a 3 inch kteller i believe. What kinda of difference will i see with that on my car compared to my spoon. I have an intercooler that came with my drag kit i dont know the size of it does anyone know? The reason i am asking is it big enough for my set up? I have upgraded valvetrain but not valves. I reused the stock valves and did a three angle valve job on my old ones. I was told my old valves should be good for up to 450 whp and that i should just upgrade my springs and retainers so i can rev higher and it will also lower the chance that i float a valve. Was that good advice. This car is a daily driver and i sometimes take it to the track on my days off . I wanted something reliable since i dont do the work on my own car. If you have any ideas or thoughts on what i should consider to what i have or should get in the future let me know. My suspension is stock and my budget for that is around 1300
Old 12-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thoughts and opinions on my new set up and Noob ?s of mine (1998turboR)

-Fidanza makes a good flywheel, it really all comes down to personal preference. What weight did you go with?
-Yes, Hondata does have a shift-light option you can hook up.
-The 550's will support mid 300's, but definently decide on how much power you are going for in the future, and pick up a set of injectors in accordance to that.
-Don't know why you were told the cam gears were a waste of money, as there have been proven, substantial gains from cam-gear adjustment.

As far as the turbo setup goes, you can easily make your goals with the setup you have. On the other hand, you have a nice block and head, and depending on your plans with the car, you may want to upgrade certain pieces, if not all. For now, and your hp goal of 350, you'll get there with no problem. I would definently go with atleast a 2.5" exhaust, preferably a 3".
Old 12-18-2006, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Thoughts and opinions on my new set up and Noob ?s of mine (1998turboR)

your ok for 350hp. However, I would consider saving some money for a few things in the future that you will most likely need for MORE horsepower.

1) look into a Walbro INTANK fuel pump-255lph
2) Obviously, 750cc injectors for 400+whp.
3) Absolutely start saving money for the Lovefab or FullRace manifold. Drag mani's are not that great for much more than your hp numbers.

As for the head...there are countless documents showing stock B, H, and K series heads making well over 600hp. No need to freak about upgrades UNLESS you want to add maybe 500+RPM's to your rev limit.

You could see as much as 10% difference in torque with a 3in over a 2.25" exhaust. However, your downpipe needs to be big enough, at least par w/ your turbo/boost level. Turbo's need flow, back pressure is little to worry about when running a moderately boosted turbo.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:42 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Thoughts and opinions on my new set up and Noob ?s of mine (WickedHonda00)

as for suspension, im assuming your $1300 budget includes installation labor yea? if thats the case, i would go with buddy clubs suspension. its pretty much the same thing and quality as teins super street ($1500+- not installed) and it comes with the tophats and everything. if $1300 is your budget for suspension and you have extra money for labor, i would see if you can get some used progressive or apexi suspension and maybe rebuild it depending on condition.