Notices

those with superchargers please

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default those with superchargers please

i want to go either turbo(greddy) or s/c vortech or jrsc. i'm leaning more towards the vortech cause there is no intake manifold being replaced. i drive my car 5 days a week to work about 50miles a day and on the weekend i drive my car sometimes. with that being said i wanted a daily driver that i can have confidence in. i have heard and researched alot about turbos and that is what i was only going to do but then i heard about the vortech. i want about 250hp, +/-. i hear that the purchase and tuning and associated gear to properly set up a turbo(greddy) is around 5000 plus. but i don't know how much the total is for a properly setup s/c is.

any assitance would be outstanding. thanks once again. oh i have a 98' gs-r
Old 02-04-2003, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: those with superchargers please (Boriqua)

while I am not an expert on this.......if you want 250 hp+ to the wheels then I would suggest going with a turbo. You most likely could get that same horse power out of a super charger as well but it might take a little more money and time.. Unless you know some good shops around your area that could give you a good deal or you are mechanically inclined $4,000 is a reasonable price to pay for a relatively reliable set up I would assume..

The big question is how smog legal you want to retain? I say this because as far as I know the vortech system isn't even legal here in California?
Old 02-04-2003, 09:28 AM

Default Re: those with superchargers please (JASON77)

I'm selling my turbo parts for a supercharger because somehow I feel it will be safer on my engine.. I really don't know why but I hear a lot of bad stories about turbos. I love Turbo to death, but I want instant boost and I only want 200hp at the most.. Just to be a lil quicker at the strip, and as a daily driven ride. Is it worth it to get a supercharger?

Old 02-04-2003, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: those with superchargers please (Type Wah)

To be honest if I had to do it all again with the ls motor I would go with a turbo system. If like you say only 200hp to the wheels is what you want, then a supercharger would most likely be adequate with a few upgrades... on a side note as a fellow automatic car owner like you I have to say that personally I will be putting in a manual tranny not too far in the future. That's my experience though maybe others that have built up their auto-trans like it but I think most likely I will be going with a manual.
Old 02-04-2003, 10:44 AM

Default Re: those with superchargers please (JASON77)

The big question is how smog legal you want to retain? I say this because as far as I know the vortech system isn't even legal here in California?
i thought that the vortech was carb exempt. i thought that all the s/c where smog legal. i was thinking vortech v-5, jdm4-1 header, carsound hi-flow cat, dump tube, skunk 2 stage 2 cams, jg intake manifold, hondata, msd 6 ingition, lightweight flywheel and upgraded clutch, cam gears, light weight pulleys and carbon fiber hood. what do you guys think this set up could get.

the turbo route i have down already but, i hear alot of turbo's blowing engines. i also hear it's due to people messing with there boost settings. i am not one of those people cause if i pay that much money for my set up i'll be damned if i try messing with it to try and temp a blown engine. if my car is set up to boost a certain amount then that is where it will stay until i get more parts to help the boost raise up and be reliable. without a big boom, i've been there before when my 67' camaro had it's 450+hp engine blow. i will not have that happen again.
Old 02-04-2003, 10:58 AM

OK, stop right there!!! Forget the ghey Vortech (sorry V guys...) but instead think about this one.

http://www.procharger.com/honda.shtml

It's from Procharger and it's new on the market. It works with an air/air intercooler and installs easier then the Vortech or JR ever will. I've heard nothing but good things about these..... so far....

After all, with at least a 75% bump in power you'll be looking at 280HP at least and that's only at the 10 psi they run at stock. The nice part is that the air/air intercooler is better then the one that Vortech offers (in my opinion). You'll also not have to worry about putting water in and installing the pump and all the plumbing for the water/air one.

Enjoy
Old 02-04-2003, 11:55 AM

Default Re: those with superchargers please (JRSCCivic98)

looks good but, what is it? centifugal or intake like jrsc. what's the price? with the mods above and this supercharger what hp could i be looking at?
Old 02-04-2003, 11:57 AM

If i had that option I would, but my dad still has the title.. Once he totally hands it over, I'll be 5speeding all over the place.. but like I said, I just wanna be a lil quicker and I think a SC or Turbo would do the job..

Old 02-04-2003, 12:00 PM

I checked dat site and they don't make **** for Integras.. thats damn sad

Old 02-04-2003, 12:04 PM

Default Re: those with superchargers please (Type Wah)

This is for all you girls out there who's hand I'm holding...

http://www.procharger.com/contact.shtml

Why is it that people always just go to a link and completely forget how to surf the rest of the site?!

It's a centrifical and you can contact them about the price. I'm sure they would be very willing to help you out over the phone. It'll only take 5 minutes out of your life...

Really people... I don't mean to be an ***, but common...

Peace
Old 02-04-2003, 12:10 PM

Default Re: those with superchargers please (JRSCCivic98)

They don't make **** for Integras because the Civic Si is the ultimate Ricer car and since they are a V8 company, they automatically think the Si is what it's all about...

But in reality... B18C B16A... willing to bet the thing would work on a GSR. Isn't the bracketing for the AC and PS the same on both engines...? Still, I'm willing to bet this Procharger will eat a Vortech at the same PSI level.