Notices

is there any way to find out if my BOV is taking a dump on me?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is there any way to find out if my BOV is taking a dump on me?

lately i have noticed that my BOV will only work at hgh boost. at low boost the turbo gets compressor surge and when i say low boost i mean like 10 psi and hi boost like 20 psi. whats the deal? when i had a drag kit my bov always worked even at like 5 psi. i cant tell if its leaking or what its doing only that it makes the sound at hi boost. BOV= HKS SS.

any help thanx
Old 06-12-2004, 05:27 PM

Default Re: is there any way to find out if my BOV is taking a dump on me? (NextelBuddy)

i cant see a BOV malfunctioning really .. its a very simple machine. Either its not getting a good vacuum source and or the spring tension is too much.. try loosening the bolt on the back of it.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: is there any way to find out if my BOV is taking a dump on me? (J337_UNIT)

yea its got its own vac source and i have tried the bolt on the back tighting all the way or loosing al the way all stays the same nothing changes.

i thought maybe the BOV could be leaking.... my spool time is terrible it takes forever to get to full boost.

is it possible that my intercooler could have a leak or even be clogged in some way and blocking boost from getting to the motor and that might be why my BOV isnt making hardly any noise unless im at full boost? i ahve tested all my pips and couplers and they are all good with no leaks so the only thing i can think if is either my BOV or my intercooler having a leak or being clogged.

any thoughts?
Old 06-12-2004, 05:48 PM

Default Re: is there any way to find out if my BOV is taking a dump on me? (NextelBuddy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NextelBuddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea its got its own vac source and i have tried the bolt on the back tighting all the way or loosing al the way all stays the same nothing changes.

i thought maybe the BOV could be leaking.... my spool time is terrible it takes forever to get to full boost.

is it possible that my intercooler could have a leak or even be clogged in some way and blocking boost from getting to the motor and that might be why my BOV isnt making hardly any noise unless im at full boost? i ahve tested all my pips and couplers and they are all good with no leaks so the only thing i can think if is either my BOV or my intercooler having a leak or being clogged.

any thoughts?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i doubt the intercooler would have a clog.. i hear those HKS BOVs have a plastic seal that does tend to leak which very well could cause you increased spool time... but the fact that it doesnt blow off below 10 psi boggles me..
Old 06-12-2004, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the C clip that the HKS uses is known to have issues at higher boost levels.
Old 06-12-2004, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: is there any way to find out if my BOV is taking a dump on me? (MachAF)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MachAF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the C clip that the HKS uses is known to have issues at higher boost levels.</TD></TR></TABLE>

even so then why would the BOV work at high boost levels and not at lower ones?