Notices

Switching From E-Manage

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switching From E-Manage

Hey guys, Ive had nothing but problems with my E-Manage from day one. Id like to replace it with another adjustable piggyback system (possibly a SAFC). What would you guys recommend for about the price of the E-Manage (and I don't really know what this thing is worth)?
Old 10-07-2003, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Switching From E-Manage (Ricey McRicerton)

I'd give you my barely used vafc and 100 some bucks for it plus shipping. I don't know what the going rater for emanages are either, i hear they are good though
Old 10-08-2003, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Switching From E-Manage (Del_Slowest)

What does barely used mean?? Is with instructions and whatnot?? Also...can I use the VAFC on my notec y7??

EDIT: Straight answer from those who are using it...VAFC, will you need a missing link or no?? I have never been able to get a straight answer on it, but I would imagine that you would.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:10 AM
New User

i used to run the afc hack daily on dsm 440's (d16y8 w/ greddy kit @ 8psi)... no missing link ... no check valves... just any 440-450 cc injectors (resistor box if needed) high flow fuel pump optional.

Old 10-08-2003, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Switching From E-Manage (psileepR)

Ive got a Walbro 190, but no 440s...are they necessary to run 5.5psi on a Greddy kit(tdo4h-15g kit)??
Old 10-08-2003, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't need the missing link if you're going to run the AFC hack. Yes you can use a VAFC, infact if you're going to go with a VTEC head eventually, I'd reccomend it.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Switching From E-Manage (VTC_CiViC)

Yep, got the box and instructions and everything. I tore a little of the flap of the box though b/c i was in such a rush to get it out and look at it, lol Heck it's only less than a month old, still have the warranty car too. Looks nice at night time. Just wish i had a blue car so that it'd match
Old 10-08-2003, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Cool man...Pm me with a price!! Also, pics and vouches would be good!!
Old 10-08-2003, 10:51 AM

The E Mangmnet units are great, if u know someone to tune them, they are cheaper then a hondata and a AEM Ems and are very good if installed right, i plan to install mine soon, just need some injectors, i have all the harness and everything, u can run 8 injectors and it has vtec points, it's a very good under rated unit
Old 10-08-2003, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Switching From E-Manage (Quad-Damge)

If anyone needs DSM parts go to http://www.dsmtuners.com they are far better than http://www.dsmtrader.com . I got my 450cc's and a bov from tuners for under 70 bucks
Old 10-08-2003, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quad-Damge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The E Mangmnet units are great, if u know someone to tune them, they are cheaper then a hondata and a AEM Ems and are very good if installed right, i plan to install mine soon, just need some injectors, i have all the harness and everything, u can run 8 injectors and it has vtec points, it's a very good under rated unit</TD></TR></TABLE>

There is no reason that I shouldnt be able to tune it myself...I have access to the software, a wideband 02 and a OBD plugin for my laptop (great investment by the way..it can look at every sensor your car "sees" and can either show realtime data or datalog.) It wont read my MAP sensor correctly, and that's why I bog every time I enter boost. It tells my ECU that Im at 6 in/hg at idle Once you get yours up and running come let me know!! Id be intersted to figure out what the hell Ive been doing wrong!
Old 10-08-2003, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Switching From E-Manage (VTC_CiViC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTC_CiViC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You don't need the missing link if you're going to run the AFC hack. Yes you can use a VAFC, infact if you're going to go with a VTEC head eventually, I'd reccomend it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, but eventually Ill just have my y7 built. If I don't have a vtec head can I disable the engagement on the VAFC???
Old 10-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

There is no reason that I shouldnt be able to tune it myself...I have access to the software, a wideband 02 and a OBD plugin for my laptop (great investment by the way..it can look at every sensor your car "sees" and can either show realtime data or datalog.) It wont read my MAP sensor correctly, and that's why I bog every time I enter boost. It tells my ECU that Im at 6 in/hg at idle Once you get yours up and running come let me know!! Id be intersted to figure out what the hell Ive been doing wrong!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Would using missing link correct this problem?

Khoi
Old 10-08-2003, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hondata or a VAFC V2.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Switching From E-Manage (Sohc Driver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sohc Driver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Would using missing link correct this problem?

Khoi</TD></TR></TABLE>

u don't need a missing link the e mangment acts as one, that tricks the map to not see boost, or it should

RICEY MCRICERTON
Did u open up your e mangment and set the jumpers from the inside as well, sounds like ur using the stock map or u didn't tune it right, they suck stock, but they are almost as good as a hondata for about 1/2 the price.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ive fucked with almost all of the ***** and jumpers. I had the first three set at 2, 8 and B stock (first three *****) and changed it to 2, 8 , A after reading up some on the english version of the manual I found *dicks sent me a Japanese only manual*. This gave me an error code and told me I had the incorrect VTEC jumper setting, but I have it set for No Vtec beacuse Im running a y7...any insight??