Notices

v-afc hack????????

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 12:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default v-afc hack????????

im consider what i will be using for fuel managment on my greddy kit for my b16, has anyone used the vafc hack with the 320cc injectors that come with the greddy kit... how does it work, would i be better off getting some dsm injectors?
Old 08-24-2002, 06:40 PM
tmg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: v-afc hack???????? (mlambrecht)

im consider what i will be using for fuel managment on my greddy kit for my b16, has anyone used the vafc hack with the 320cc injectors that come with the greddy kit... how does it work, would i be better off getting some dsm injectors?
you'll be fine with the 320 injectors as long as they're saturated. you won't need to do the vafc hack either with that injector size.
Old 08-24-2002, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: v-afc hack???????? (themi6group)

yeah you'll be fine with those

no afc needed
Old 08-24-2002, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: v-afc hack???????? (KoRE)

yeah you'll be fine with those

no afc needed
he will if thats all he is using for fuel management. its either that or a boost dependent FPR (FMU) or standalone.

Rob
Old 08-24-2002, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: v-afc hack???????? (rjardy)

lol, if he doesn't use the afc, he'll see the check engine light everytime he boosts. Using 320's with the afc hack isn't a good idea. Its probably only good up to 3-4 psi of boost.
Old 08-24-2002, 10:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: v-afc hack???????? (zojirushi)

wats a good way of fuel managment with the 320's other then standalone, ive heard bad things about the blue box
Old 08-25-2002, 05:00 AM
tmg

Default Re: v-afc hack???????? (mlambrecht)

wats a good way of fuel managment with the 320's other then standalone, ive heard bad things about the blue box
it's pretty simple. use the vafc and your 320's. you must also have a good fpr i.e. 12:1 or 10:1 for that setup. you'll be fine as soon as you're dyno'd. don't mess with the hack or anything. to avoid a cel you need to fool your map and a missing link will work. i've never used the blue box so i don't know how well it fools your map and curves your fuel.
Old 08-25-2002, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if you use the 320's and the afc-hack you will only be able to boost a few psi. you must run 450cc injectors to scale the MAP 40% or so, which allows you to run upwards of 11psi of boost.
Old 08-25-2002, 12:19 PM
tmg

Default Re: v-afc hack???????? (ion_four)

if you use the 320's and the afc-hack you will only be able to boost a few psi. you must run 450cc injectors to scale the MAP 40% or so, which allows you to run upwards of 11psi of boost.
that's not completely true. the vafc with 320's are plenty for low 10+ boost. i was running 10 psi with 280 prelude injectors at 200whp on my 98 civic sohc. dyno'd i had plenty of fuel.
Old 08-25-2002, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that's not completely true. the vafc with 320's are plenty for low 10+ boost. i was running 10 psi with 280 prelude injectors at 200whp on my 98 civic sohc. dyno'd i had plenty of fuel.
no. the afc-hack does not use check-valves, missing link, or FMU. if you use a checkvalve or missing link it is not the afc hack. If you trim out enough voltage for 10psi and only use 320cc injectors you will be too lean, your engine WILL detonate. Are you suggesting that he also use an FMU? If so, he would be getting enough fuel, but would throw a CEL and his car would run like crap. if you were running those 280cc injectors , you were using an FMU.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:38 PM
tmg

Default Re: v-afc hack???????? (ion_four)

no. the afc-hack does not use check-valves, missing link, or FMU. if you use a checkvalve or missing link it is not the afc hack. If you trim out enough voltage for 10psi and only use 320cc injectors you will be too lean, your engine WILL detonate. Are you suggesting that he also use an FMU? If so, he would be getting enough fuel, but would throw a CEL and his car would run like crap. if you were running those 280cc injectors , you were using an FMU.
hold on man, you're confusing yourself. do you have a turbo? did you build you're own setup? 10psi with 320 injectors is plenty of fuel depending on his fpr ratio. i know people running stock 240 injectors at 8psi with no problem. you need a higher flow fuel pump of course along with a greater fp ratio. a cel does not cause your car to run like crap. it just retards timing and adds more fuel. that's it. it's not efficient but it's made to get your car home without blowing. i don't understand your point on the fmu?
Old 08-25-2002, 09:08 PM

hold on man, you're confusing yourself. do you have a turbo? did you build you're own setup? 10psi with 320 injectors is plenty of fuel depending on his fpr ratio. i know people running stock 240 injectors at 8psi with no problem. you need a higher flow fuel pump of course along with a greater fp ratio. a cel does not cause your car to run like crap. it just retards timing and adds more fuel. that's it. it's not efficient but it's made to get your car home without blowing. i don't understand your point on the fmu?
Listen using small stock injectors with FMU's to raise fuel pressure to crazy 100psi levels is fine, but ONLY FOR A LITTLE WHILE.... you think your injectors can handle that beating for any length of time? I think not....

I also believe the AFC hack to be a better setup then FMU + stock or smaller then 370cc injectors + FPR + inline pump any day..... I have been running the FMU setup with afc for a while now on stock injectors, and it ran great for a while at 7 psi.... but I find myself leaning out hardcore lately and nothings changed... I just think my injectors are just becoming to stressed at the heat created by 124+psi of fuel pressure just to get a little more fuel in there....

read up on the hack before you knock it, its been covered from every angle...

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=137901

This is one of the most valuable threads this website has to offer
Old 08-25-2002, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i guess themi6group hasn't heard of the afc hack...
Old 08-26-2002, 05:06 AM
tmg

Default Re: v-afc hack???????? (shadowdawn)

Listen using small stock injectors with FMU's to raise fuel pressure to crazy 100psi levels is fine, but ONLY FOR A LITTLE WHILE.... you think your injectors can handle that beating for any length of time? I think not....

I also believe the AFC hack to be a better setup then FMU + stock or smaller then 370cc injectors + FPR + inline pump any day..... I have been running the FMU setup with afc for a while now on stock injectors, and it ran great for a while at 7 psi.... but I find myself leaning out hardcore lately and nothings changed... I just think my injectors are just becoming to stressed at the heat created by 124+psi of fuel pressure just to get a little more fuel in there....

read up on the hack before you knock it, its been covered from every angle...

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=137901

This is one of the most valuable threads this website has to offer
cool out dawn. i know of the afc hack but it's still not one of the best. you still ultimately run rich. it's a good band aid but i wouldn't recommend it. why do people get too cheap instead of just getting a more formidable setup. it's cool that it works but that's about it. it's inefficient.
Old 08-26-2002, 05:11 AM
tmg

and hold up, i didn't even start talking about the afc hack. wtf?