Street fuel system setup for Jackson racing supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 01:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street fuel system setup for Jackson racing supercharger

Hello,
I'm new and I write from europe.
i have a B16a2 civic ek4 1996 and i'd like to supercharge it with a jackson racing kit.
What is included in the kit? (on the JR website there isn't a good description)
However my problem is the fuel system.
Which upgrade I have to do? And for the ecu?
The car will remain street driven than, if possible, i'd like to use the stock ecu.
Last question: I need a new clutch?

My project is:
jackson racing supercharger kit
direct air intake
exhaust system

optional:
clutch and light flywheel.

Thank you for helping me
Old 01-28-2006, 03:32 AM
bag

Default Re: Street fuel system setup for Jackson racing supercharger (Davemile)

KIT *** WIT A FMU ..IT OK 4 DA BOOST KIT IS SET AT FRUM JR BUT IF GO HI--ER DEN DAT,,GET UPGRADE FUEL SISTEM..LIKE GET UBERDATA CHIP ECU,CONVTRT 2 OBD1. AN GET SUM BIGGER INJTECTOR AND FUEL PUMP,,THEN HAV TOONED BU PROFESHINAL TOONR..
Old 01-28-2006, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Street fuel system setup for Jackson racing supercharger (BRIJPURT13B)

The JRSC kit comes with there FMU which i believe is 12:1 which is more than sufficent for the setup. It does not come with injectors though. Your stock fuel pump may have to play catch up with the FMU unit

But FMU unit are ok but no the best in the world. A good setup would be some 370 or 440cc injectors, Walbro intank fuel pump, and either for the least expensive route out is chrome, uberdata as your tuning base. If you dont mind spending a little more than, Hondata S200B is the way to go to optimize your usage.

With that fuel setup, you should be ok to even upgrade the pulley to 8lb pulley and get some decent power from it

If you still running stock clutch, It maybe a safe and good idea to upgrade that too. A ACT Heavy Duty w/ Street Disc should do you just fine and easy to drive.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Street fuel system setup for Jackson racing supercharger (Hybrid-Performance.com)

while not necessary, i highly recommend, injectors, fuel pump, and at least uberdata, and ditching the fmu. I watched my friend break his ringlands twice with that setup. Once on the smaller pulley and once on the 8 lb. Just my 2cents.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thank you for your advice but this is my situation:
I have to save money where possible.
complete exhaust system ok
direct intake ok
clutch ok
jackson racing kit ok.

I'd like to gain about 50hp.
than, for the fuel system with this setup I need:
- JR FMU
- Walbro fuel pump

it's all right?
injectors?

my problem is that now i can't buy an EMS unit or a complete Hondata ecu.
I must tune all the system with the stock ecu.
It's possible (for a total of 50hp gain)

About uberdata and hondata chips I have a problem: European fuel is different from your, than this units may be not good for me.
Than, when I upgrade my system to run more boost i will buy a complete unit like EMS but now i have to start with this setup

Modified by Davemile at 1:51 AM 1/29/2006
Old 01-29-2006, 06:05 AM

Default Re: (Davemile)

So what if your fuel is different. Tune it and you can still have godo results with the car. Chips are not just plug and play. Every boosted car must be tuned!!!
Old 01-29-2006, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you need a clutch, meaning, are you having clutch issues now? I ran my JRSC on my stock clutch for 3x,000 miles and didnt have a problem. I would just run it on the stock clutch for as long as it will last. Could last a day, could last a year, who knows, but no sense in swappign out a perfectly good stock clutch if you dont need to.

The Jackson FMU is 5:1, and it sucks. The difference between a Hondata'd JRSC car and the stock fuel system is night and day. Transition into boost is seamless, throttle response much improved...overall much much better. I would consider it mandatory, to be honest.

If money is tight, get some DSM 450's and run Uberdata...you can sell your JR FMU and make the cost up there.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Uberdata or hondata are a problem in my country because I haven't a dealer and an exper dynotuner for this products than, i have two options:
- do the project with the stock ecu and the necessary fuel system upgrade.
- do the project with Aem EMS.

I can do only the first.

to make a long story short what I need to run a street setup with the stock ecu to rich a 50-55hp gain?

In the future I will upgrade all the fuel system with a standalone unit to take the best performance and boost from my jrsc
Old 01-29-2006, 08:48 AM

Just run the Jackson fuel setup that comes with the kit for now, stock injectors, and fuel pump will be sufficient at 6 psi. Bump your timing back a couple degrees as well. Back in the 90's I ran that setup w/jackson fuel pump, and was making 218 whp 165 ft./lbs. on a GS-R
Old 01-29-2006, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

in the kit there is only the JR fmu?
the fuel pump is an extra?
Old 01-29-2006, 11:25 AM

in the base kit it's just FMU and some stupid relay with resistro. Like someone told you this isn't good idea to run. I've installed few superchargers and i allways got issues with A/F ratios on WOT.
I reccomend you to go for Hondata, Crome, Uberdata. You wil save yourselve from a big headache.

And when you told in Italy there are not hondata dealers/tuners you are totally wrong. I know some of people in Italy who can tune your ECU with no problem. But i was allways wanted to tune my car myself so i did it and i'm very happy with it.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely, there has to be some people with at least a working knowledge and experience tuning hondata/uberdata that they can set you up safely.

And yes you can run it that way, but as someone mentioned you will have to pull timing, and you'll still probably experience some detonation on the top end. The setup just isnt that good. And yes, the fuel pump is not included in the kit.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:50 PM

Default Re: (Rory Breaker)

He will be okay though, I ran the "crappy" jackson setup for years before I switched to Hondata 4 years ago. I did have a fuel pump though. I'm saying this because the guy said he's got a low budget
Old 01-29-2006, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sc4dr)

My only experience with it is from a friend. He broke his ring lands twice. Once on stock pulley, and the other on the smaller pulley. Being on a budget is one thing, but that can disapear in a hurry when you have to buy new pistons. Maybe you should just do a 50 shot for those times you are looking to beat someone.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:06 AM

Default Re: (coneheadsracing)

you can get hondata preprogrammed for up to 12 psi and it comes with rc 440 injectors and clips,just check JR website,its alil pricey but it works well i installed it on my buddys gsr powered hatchback and with no tuning and 10psi of boost it was making just under 260whp
Old 02-02-2006, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you just use the JR FMU, then get a Walbro 255 fuel pump and the JR MAP controller, you can find them pretty cheap on ebay. That should make it drivable on 5-6 PSI of boost.