Notices

some turbo Q's: please help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some turbo Q's: please help.

hello all... i just have a few questions about turbo's that i do not quite know the answers to...

1. What is the difference between a 35mm wastgate and say 40mm wastgate because it never seems to say how much boost they are good for.

2. When u get a brand new turbo how much break in is involved if any?

3. what vaccume lines would u intersect for installing a manual boost controller, or any boost controller for that matter?

4. is http://www.cheapturbo.com a good reputabe site to get a brand new turbo from?

thank you for your time and if u guys could/would answer these questions for me it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-19-2003, 06:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: some turbo Q's: please help. (greekspeed)

3. I would that if you need vacuum, get it from the intake before the turbo...but im just guessing as i havent done this myself yet

4. I have heard that they are a reputable source...but no 1st hand experience with them

Hope that helps.
Old 07-19-2003, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: some turbo Q's: please help. (greekspeed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by greekspeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
1. What is the difference between a 35mm wastgate and say 40mm wastgate because it never seems to say how much boost they are good for.

2. When u get a brand new turbo how much break in is involved if any?

3. what vaccume lines would u intersect for installing a manual boost controller, or any boost controller for that matter?

4. is http://www.cheapturbo.com a good reputabe site to get a brand new turbo from?
.</TD></TR></TABLE>

1. 35 mm and 40 mm is the size of the diapghram, the larger the diapghram, the larger contact surface to hold the exhaust gas, the more boost it'll hold. 35 mm is fine for about 20 psi ish. After that point, you may want to look at the 40mm ones.

2. I hardly break in any turbo, just run it easy for a few miles and you'l be fine. turbo shaft are balanced to 50000 rpm before they are being ship anyway, so technically is is broken in. You just need to baby it for the first few miles or so.

3. All Boost controller will need to intercept the wastegate and the intake manifold. Usually you would hook up the top port of your WG and the VAC source from the intake manifold to your wastegate.

4. Ken is agood guy, but I am biased towards Arturbo for turbo purchase. Let me know if you are interested at Precision turbo

stan
Old 07-19-2003, 07:33 PM

Default Re: some turbo Q's: please help. (Flamenco-T)

Thanks for all the help guys