Notices

Rod Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2001, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rod Questions

What is the advantage of each rod, is the Crower nessasary with its huge price, or will the Eagle stand up just as well as the Crower? Is weigt a big factor, Im pretty sure the eagle weighs quite a bit more than the Crower so would that kill the time it takes for a turbo to spool up? I don't know all of the turbo lingo, but from what I can understand, the reason a lightend flywheel helps a turbo spool up quicker is because it lowers the weight of the whole rotating assembly of the engince which the rods are included in, so, does that mean if you have lighter rods the engine will rev up even quicker causing the turbo to spool up faster? I don't know if Im right, thats why Im asking? Which will beninfit a turbo more, and is it worth it to spend twice the amount of the Eagle Rods on the Crowers?
Old 08-28-2001, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Rod Questions (BLK94RS)

What you are saying is correct in theory. How much the added weight affects output is hard to measure. IMO a street turbo would be great with the Eagles while if it were my all out race motor, I would use the Crowers. In fact, my all out B18C does have Crowers. Light or heavy flywheels are hard to quantify on a dyno. The guys who know for sure which works best for them are probably not sharing that information.
Earl