Notices

Return Line Fitting?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Return Line Fitting?

What is the right size return line an fitting to run?
Old 04-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Return Line Fitting? (CTR_B)

Old 04-14-2008, 08:41 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Return Line Fitting? (CTR_B)

Depending on your turbo, you can start with a flange to adapt the drain connection to a -10 AN male, or a 1/2 or 3/8 NPT female. From there you can use several different combinations of fittings and hose to get down to the pan. At the pan, you'll need to know whether it's stamped steel, or cast aluminum. For either of those there are weld on, or bolt on solutions, both for AN and NPT connections. The drain line should always run downhill, all the way to the pan. If there is any opportunity for the oil to pool in the line, you run the risk of the oil not draining properly, which can cause smoking, etc.

Hope that helps,

Craig
Old 04-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Return Line Fitting? (TunerToys)

that does help a little... Lol Sorry for the noob-ish remarks, Lifer N/a converting over lol.

Any ways, the turbo is a T3/T4 .42 .48 And the oil pan I am going to be using is the oem for a B-series. I have a oil filter sandwich that I planned on using for the feed, But I was just concerend on the oil return. I know the the oil must flow with gravity but as far as what size to to run was my concern.

I wanted to use a SS braided line the would thread to a fitting on the oil pan ( no clamps) along with a SS line for the Feed. With this info what would you recomend for oil lines and fitting?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TunerToys &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Depending on your turbo, you can start with a flange to adapt the drain connection to a -10 AN male, or a 1/2 or 3/8 NPT female. From there you can use several different combinations of fittings and hose to get down to the pan. At the pan, you'll need to know whether it's stamped steel, or cast aluminum. For either of those there are weld on, or bolt on solutions, both for AN and NPT connections. The drain line should always run downhill, all the way to the pan. If there is any opportunity for the oil to pool in the line, you run the risk of the oil not draining properly, which can cause smoking, etc.

Hope that helps,

Craig</TD></TR></TABLE>