Notices

Oil Return and Feed Line Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Return and Feed Line Problems

I bought the stealthmodeperformance.com oil line kit. They sent me this fitting to connect the ss feed line to the turbo housing.

One side of the fitting is to big. The other side screws into the housing or ss line just fine. Does anyone know where I can find the correct fitting for my feed line?? This is on a new Garrett T3.

I also ended up tapping my oil pan right infront the dumptube.

The ss return line is hitting the pipe and has a slight bend. Would it be ok if I got some heater hose to connect the twotogether. Wrap it in some protective heat wrap. That should give me some play to move it out the way.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oil Return and Feed Line Problems (WildChild)

Replace the brass fittings on the drain with some 45* AN fittings and that should fix you up there.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:18 PM

The brass fitting on the oil pan is in thier good with a nut on the inside of the pan and good amount of rtv. I'd have to replace the brass fitting on the turbo. But, do you think that will make diffrence? You can probably see the kink at the oil pan.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Re: (WildChild)

The tapered end of the fitting is for the hose end. The other side of the fitting is 1/8 npt and comes standard with out T3 kit. If you can determine what exact thread size your turbo uses, I will send you what you need. Only a couple ebay T3's I've seen not use the 1/8npt, but whatever size you need, I'll send it.

With the placement of the pan fitting, you could benefit with a 45 degree barb fitting. The RTV may be good and sealed, but it's not in there perminant. Homedepot would have a 3/8 thread to 1/2" barb in a 45 degree that should replace the one you have. Cut all the RTV off the pan/fitting, and unthread it. The new one will thread right into the same place and you can re-RTV it.

Oh, and the blue tape on the end of the drain hose is placed there for clean cutting of the lines, and kept on there when shipped to the customer for safety so there is less likely a chance that someone could cut themselves, but it is recommended to take it off before installing it on the car.

If you can't find that barb locally, I'll get that for you too, but get back to me for sure on that turbo fitting and I'll get it sent out to you.