Notices

Relocating Starion Intercooler Entanks

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relocating Starion Intercooler Entanks

OK. I went to SFP today to pick up my manifold (which btw wasn't ready... should be tomorrow though), I brought the starion i/c and backup oil pan to have them welded up. Well the oil pan and fittng was only $30 total. But the killer was the damn intercooler... $175 to relocate the endtanks pipes... $175!!!!!!! I was like wtf! anyway I told VTC_Civic and he told me to check Miami Muffler to see if they would do it cheaper. It's near to SFP so I'll stop by when i go to pick up the manifold, downpipe, and oil pan. Does that sound right to have it redone? I was thinking like $50-100 MAX. Anyone in the South Florida area know where I can get it done cheaper?
Old 08-07-2002, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Relocating Starion Intercooler Entanks (CivicRyda2k)

ttt
Old 08-07-2002, 09:08 PM
New User

Youre gonna flame, but...I bought mine on ebay and paid too much and couldnt find anyone to weld it, so out comes the dremel tool and JB Weld and I went to work, the finish product isnt the prettiest but it has held up for a month now.
Old 08-07-2002, 10:41 PM
New User

Default Re: Relocating Starion Intercooler Entanks (B20LS-T)

My starion IC is JB welded and Dremel modified and it's held up for at least 9 months now. Car is a SEVERE daily driver (up to 250 miles/day). If you don't mind being laughed at a little, you can make it work this way for like $5. I've actually got TIG equipment now and I still haven't "fixed" the IC since it works just fine as it is.
Old 08-08-2002, 04:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Relocating Starion Intercooler Entanks (dbman96)

Youre gonna flame, but...I bought mine on ebay and paid too much and couldnt find anyone to weld it, so out comes the dremel tool and JB Weld and I went to work, the finish product isnt the prettiest but it has held up for a month now.
hmm... i guess i need to buy dremel set... i don't own one . How much did u pay for your i/c?

My starion IC is JB welded and Dremel modified and it's held up for at least 9 months now. Car is a SEVERE daily driver (up to 250 miles/day). If you don't mind being laughed at a little, you can make it work this way for like $5. I've actually got TIG equipment now and I still haven't "fixed" the IC since it works just fine as it is.
I don't really mind being laughed at cause not many of my friends are boosting period anyway. Got any pics of urs? Any kinda "instructions"? I'm a newbie at the art of JB weld fabrications

EDIT:I'm gonna try two more places today and see if they'll do it for a good price

[Modified by CivicRyda2k, 8:41 AM 8/8/2002]
Old 08-08-2002, 04:49 AM
DSF
Honda-Tech Member

*raises hand*

Another JB Weld advocate here. Except I used my Dewalt and not a Dremel
Old 08-08-2002, 05:58 AM

Default Re: Relocating Starion Intercooler Entanks (DSF)

i jb welded my oil pan
Old 08-08-2002, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Relocating Starion Intercooler Entanks (CovertFI)

i put some on my backup oil pan... it had a lil crack on it.

oh well going to SFP (AGAIN!) to try to pick up my manifold,downpipe, and oil pan today then I'm gonna check Miami Muffler and see how much they'll want to do the i/c, then i'll check one more place... if not... going to home depot for a dremel set and... well i'll find some sheet metal and pipes somewhere round here.
Old 08-08-2002, 06:04 AM

before you go the jb weld route. find a technical school that does welding and ask them if they can do it for you. they will usually do it for free if you supply the metal
Old 08-08-2002, 06:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Relocating Starion Intercooler Entanks (CovertFI)

ah... good thinking. thanks. i'll look into that. If i do end up having to go the JB weld route i woudln't rush into it now since half my parts aren't even here yet. waiting on shipping sux.
Old 08-08-2002, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have mine JB welded too. But last week after the boost went up to 11 the cap popped out Right now I have a new cap that is siliconed on with shitload of ductape and some long *** zipties. Holds good for now until I get a real IC.
Old 08-08-2002, 08:16 AM

Its really expensive to weld aluminum, but not that expensive. I have a friend in San Diego that welds alluminum. It would probably be cheaper to send it here have him weld it and send it back.
Old 08-08-2002, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Relocating Starion Intercooler Entanks (gtcali)

Its really expensive to weld aluminum, but not that expensive. I have a friend in San Diego that welds alluminum. It would probably be cheaper to send it here have him weld it and send it back.
all good. I stopped by miami muffler before i went to SFP... they said $60... i was like that's it! so I'm gonna take it to them probably... ****... not till next week... eh i shoulda done it today . Oh well more waiting. at least i'm almost done. just waiting on JC whitney ghetto bends, the oil return kit, egt, and bov from viren, then i have to get oil feed lines and an air filter, and silicone connectors for the piping.
Old 08-08-2002, 12:12 PM

sounds like you are almost finished I just need egt gauge and oil lines and i'm good to go too. I still need clutch and exhaust though
Old 08-08-2002, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Relocating Starion Intercooler Entanks (KC GSR)

sounds like you are almost finished I just need egt gauge and oil lines and i'm good to go too. I still need clutch and exhaust though
yah same here... clutch and exhaust is still need... i think i'll be open downpiping it for a while though till i can get a 2.5 or 3" made. should only be about a week or two after the setup's installed though. clutch... who know