Notices

ramhorn vs mini me

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ramhorn vs mini me

Well i should of came up with a better name for this topic but oh well. Im in the market for a turbo setup for my gsr an i cant decide which manifold is better. Its between the ramhorn style manifold like neukin or the mini me style manifold like love fab's. Except im getting spoolinperformance's version of the mini-me which cost 465 shipped. Which manifold is better for power gains, i mean obviously ramhorn will make more power, but is ramhorm that much more better over the mini me style manifold? Id appreciate it if someone had dyno graphs of the mini me style manifold on there car to post.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump, i need some advice...
Old 10-18-2005, 05:29 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (NO TORQ)

im not 100% sure where the mini me has its advantages, but i know the ramhorn style manifold has big power gains in the upper RPM's. it takes a little but longer to spool the turbo with the ramhorn, but the power in the higher RPM range is unbelievable. the log style manifolds will help the turbo spool a tad quicker but the power wont be as strong in the higher RPM's as they are in the lower. basically....
ramhorn=slightly slower spool but more power in the higher RPM range
log=quicker spool but not as much power in the higher RPM range

i hope this helped with your decision. either way you wont be disapointed. spoolin products are top notch, as well as nuekin.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SSBPGSR)

i have had both mini and full equal length ramhorns....id go with the full size any day...spool is a little faster on the mini....but top end on the full size equal length is worth the extra money.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmmm the mini me style manifold isnt exactly a logmanifold so it will def make more power over a log to begin with. I think it will spool the turbo faster then a ramhorn, an have nice top end but now like a ramhorn. Im just trying to see if a ramhorn is that much better in power gains. I can spend $675 for the quick4 manifold an 3" downpipe or about $800 for the ramhorn style manifold an downpipe from spoolinperformance or rldfab.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ramhorn vs mini me (NO TORQ)

im using the mini me in my car
Old 10-18-2005, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ramhorn vs mini me (MrBui)

I am using a Love-Fab mini-me. I bought it because it is a street/strip car so I wanted it to spool a little quicker over the ramhorn. It's also a little more affordable. I always wonder how many people run ramhorns and actually use there potential. I think you need to be making some decent power to make the extra money worth while IMO. (an extra 10-20whp over a mini-me isn't worth another $300-$400 when you sacrifice lowend power) I have seen cars go 9's on cast manifolds so I figured a mini-me was plenty for what I want to do. One thing I don't like the fact that the oil return is so low!! I don't have any numbers yet, hopefully next week. I am fighting some new build gremlins right now.