Notices

questions about Jasma certified Turbo mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 02:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions about Jasma certified Turbo mufflers

i searched the topic but only found ads.

i currently have an HKS super dragger exhaust installed with 2.25" pipings. the inlet side of the HKS muffler is about 2.5" and has a 5" tip but when i look thru the muffler i can see that the diameter is smaller at the canister section where the baffling materials is and i was wondering if my muffler is an N/A muffler or a turbo muffler.

so now my question is, does any of you who are using 2.5" or 3" turbo mufflers with JASMA certification have a reduction in pipe diameter at the canister section? is that normal? won't it pose a restriction or hurt performance? it is necessary for JASMA certified mufflers to have this feature in order to pass certification for loudness?

i want to change to 3" piping and i'm having second thoughts of wether i'll be keeping the current HKS muffler or get a true 3" inlet turbo muffler. if the smaller diameter is inherent with JASMA certified muffler then i'll keep the exhaust and just change the pipings to 3" coz i love that muffler. it's not too loud and it looks good.

Old 01-05-2004, 12:14 AM

Default Re: questions about Jasma certified Turbo mufflers (turb)

anybody?

no one here uses a JASMA certified muffler?
Old 01-05-2004, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: questions about Jasma certified Turbo mufflers (turb)

Why do you care about some Japaneese certification? assuming your NOT in Japan I mean. I have seen lots of JASMA certified mufflers. They all have different designs internally and I know some don't constrict in the middle of the muffler. Your better off getting some nice stainless piping from accordinlydone.com and a good quality stainless muffler and resonator. It will cost less and you can make it how ever you want it. Might not be for everyone but thats how I would do it.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:06 AM

Default Re: questions about Jasma certified Turbo mufflers (Bailhatch)

i guess you didn't understand my question. i want to keep my HKS muffler coz i like the sound and the look, i wouldn't even care if it had a JASMA certification or not but since it has then that's why i want to know if the feature(reduced diameter if the canister section)is inherent with all JASMA certified muffler.

anybody else? anybody use an HKS super dragger muffler with their turbo car?