Notices

Questions about a certain turbo setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about a certain turbo setup

I originally had the plan to swap my motor out. I own a 99 civic ex with the d16y8, coupe.

I thought about a swap, since my car is an auto, then I thought about nitrous, since it would be the cheapest way to get a little kick out of my car with the least amount of money.

The car is auto, I cant sell the car, and I was qouted a very high price to swap a new motor and tranny in there. My parents bought me the car, and I am about to get a job, and start paying for it.

I have came to the conclusion that when I move out, and they put the car in my name, to sell it and get a manual, or another car.

I want to get a turbo setup, like the greddy kit. What I want to know is would I still be able to run the kit on my car even with the auto tranny.

I have heard about people with the kit on an auto, and having trouble with the tranny only because they have turned the boost up, im not sure.

What I would like to know is what is a good kit that I could run on my car? And I wouldnt plan on running higher boost. Just something I can bolt on and get some extra hp until I can buy another car.

Im looking for suggestions on different types of kits, and hopefully not having to do anything with my tranny.

Thanks in advance

Old 04-18-2003, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Questions about a certain turbo setup (Quick EX)

Alright i will try on this one.
Yes you will be able to use the kit on your car
Second I would reccomend either the greddy or apexi kit for a very mild street car. You may have some problems with your tranny but most likely with mild boost you should be ok. I would reccomend an aftermarket cooler at least though. Hope this helps out and try a search you may find something
Old 04-18-2003, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Questions about a certain turbo setup (tSuperbike69)

yeah i searched, didnt come up with what I was looking for really.

I dont plan on turning the boost up real or plan to upgrade the kit, im going to leave it at whatever the kit is set at.

I know i wont get much of a gain with a basic turbo kit on an automatic and then not upgarding the turbo, I just want some extra power until I can sell the car.

Thanks