Notices

question about using an edelbrock intake and 4 extra injectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 03:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about using an edelbrock intake and 4 extra injectors

if you were to do this with a turbo setup that is meant for 500whp max and would usely be in the 450-400whp range. And use a Additional Injector Controller for the secondary injectors could it be tuned as good as a typical setup tuned with hondata or neptune?

The only thing im wondering about is what kind of thing would you have to use to tune the timing?

so in other words use an AIC to tune the fueling and use whatever electronic thing that would be needed to tune the timing. Also you would have to do something about hiding the boost from the map sensor if you were to stick with a stock ecu, but that would be simple. Would this work as good as your typical setup and typical style of tuning.
i think this company makes the stuff to do this setup http://www.splitsec.com/

i just was looking at the edelbrock intakes and noticed they were already machined for extra injectors from the factory, if you didn't use it for injectors it would pretty dang ideal for a nitrous setup especially for someone who wanted to use something like a 42r or 372r to us for spool up
Would the nitrous setup i just mentioned be legal in sfwd?

Last edited by spoolin turbo s; 09-04-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: question about using an edelbrock intake and 4 extra injectors

I think if you're creative enough and understand the theory, you can make just about anything work. For instance, you could probably use an output on your ecu to switch on another (relatively small) set of injectors at a certain point (yes, I mean switch on, like 100% duty cycle) and tune your primary injector pulse widths accordingly. So they'd be switched on where they would be at 100% duty cycle to achieve the desired a/f ratio, and then the primary injectors would start adding fuel on top of that point as the motor continued to rev. That would be a pretty weird looking fuel map, but it would work.
I don't know what an AIC is, but normally the only way people do supplemental injection legitimately that I remember is to use the aem box, it has 2 sets of injector drivers, and accomodates that via programming.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rorik
I think if you're creative enough and understand the theory, you can make just about anything work. For instance, you could probably use an output on your ecu to switch on another (relatively small) set of injectors at a certain point (yes, I mean switch on, like 100% duty cycle) and tune your primary injector pulse widths accordingly. So they'd be switched on where they would be at 100% duty cycle to achieve the desired a/f ratio, and then the primary injectors would start adding fuel on top of that point as the motor continued to rev. That would be a pretty weird looking fuel map, but it would work.
I don't know what an AIC is, but normally the only way people do supplemental injection legitimately that I remember is to use the aem box, it has 2 sets of injector drivers, and accomodates that via programming.
An AIC is an additional injector controller which several company's such as hks and split second. Split seconds website is splitsec.com, so the fueling would be the easy part i just wonder what would be needed to use to control the timing and something would be needed to control the vtec point unless you were to keep it were it was set at stock

usually on a turbo b or do with a turbo sized to make 500whp max on very rare occasions but, would usely be in the 450-400whp range what would a tuner do with the vtec point? the turbo im thinking of is a 57-60 trim or a s256 if it can make that much power,or a s258, and the other turbo im thinking of is a gt3076

one of the reason im thinking of doing a setup this way is it would be cake to tune that i could do it myself, and if i were to use a typical tuning program i would have to have someone else do it because i don't know how to use any of the other tuning programs, but i could add fuel with the AIC until i got the AF right and set the timing until it wasn't making any more power and back it done a little after that just to be safe and bam other than vtec it would be tuned

Last edited by spoolin turbo s; 09-03-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

come on guys give me something.........be it good bad but something

the reason im considering this is where i live i don't there is a tuner very close at all and getting tuned would be really expensive and if i went this way i could always retune it myself if i decided to change anything later on
Old 09-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.t1raceparts.com/product_p/id%202000.htm

buy these instead of running secondary injectors?
Old 09-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 01DC4
http://www.t1raceparts.com/product_p/id%202000.htm

buy these instead of running secondary injectors?

the reason for using secondaries is to control them with an additional injector controller for ease of tuning, so i can do it myself.

it doesn't have anything to do with the amount of injector needed.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you are headed in the wrong direction here. neptune and hondata, tune both ignition, and fueling. and both offer systems you can tune yourself. a second set of injectors and piggy back system is not the answer here. keep it simple here. there are no advantages to do what you are saying here, none at all.

with the release of the new ID 1000s and 2000s that both offer excellent idle quality you can make massive amounts of power on a single set of injectors.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

back into time....