Notices

Question about going back to N/A from turbo...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about going back to N/A from turbo...

Hey,

I need to go back to N/A for a little while because I blew my turbo but do not have the money to replace right now. My question is about the fuel system. I currently have a Walboro 255 and DW 1000cc injectors (high Impedance) with a FPR.

I am going to switch the ECU back over to the P75, can I just adjust the FPR to stock psi or do I have replace all injectors and fuel pump? I am trying to do the least amount of work that I can get buy with on the fuel system.

Motor is B18B JDM LS motor
Old 03-19-2015, 10:24 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Question about going back to N/A from turbo...

If you run the stock ECU with 1000cc injectors, it will flood out almost immediately. The ECU assumes you're running stock 240cc injectors - so you will need to reinstall the stock 240s for this to work. The fuel pump doesn't matter...it can stay
Old 03-19-2015, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

excellent thank you!
Old 03-19-2015, 11:30 AM
Man U FTW

Old 03-19-2015, 04:40 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yea there's no possible way the stock ecu could run 1000cc injectors regardless of how low you dropped static fuel pressure
Old 03-19-2015, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why doesnt he just keep his tuned ecu and 1000cc injectors. Unless the vacuum portion of his tune is garbage it should run fine.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its on an S300 now tuned for turbo. I didnt figure I could just take the innercooler and turbo and all related pluming off and stick a header and intake on and be ok.

Are you saying it is that simple? I can take turbo/manifold and innercooler and piping off and put on my 4-2-1 header and a short ram intake and be fine?
Old 03-20-2015, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by diatibe24
Its on an S300 now tuned for turbo. I didnt figure I could just take the innercooler and turbo and all related pluming off and stick a header and intake on and be ok.

Are you saying it is that simple? I can take turbo/manifold and innercooler and piping off and put on my 4-2-1 header and a short ram intake and be fine?
Yes, It is that simple. Like mentioned above if the vacuum portion of your tune is tuned decent you will be good.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:51 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

"Driveable", more likely is the term.. "Fine", no, as your tune will still be running horribly rich in the upper rpm. But enough to pass an inspection, more than likely no problem in Maryland.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
"Driveable", more likely is the term.. "Fine", no, as your tune will still be running horribly rich in the upper rpm. But enough to pass an inspection, more than likely no problem in Maryland.
OK so to make it like "Decent" meaning close to regular LS gas mileage and performance than I would need to go back to stock computer and stock injectors, but I can make it drivable for like emissions or whatever doing it the super easy way which was just doing the header and intake to make it driveable?

I am mainly looking to have the car back to N/A so I can still take it out and beat on it and daily it from time to time (like a week here a week there). I still want to enjoy the car even if it isnt going to be turbo for a little while. My job situation is kind of sketchy right now so I dont want to drop $700 on a new/different turbo and like $400 for a re-tune from my guy.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:28 AM

I am mainly looking to have the car back to N/A so I can still take it out and beat on it and daily it from time to time (like a week here a week there). I still want to enjoy the car even if it isnt going to be turbo for a little while. My job situation is kind of sketchy right now so I dont want to drop $700 on a new/different turbo and like $400 for a re-tune from my guy.
Then. I wouldn't just take everything off and hope for the best. Running too rich and incorrectly with a large injector is just as dangerous for the car as running too lean.

What you're describing isn't "drivable" in my opinion. You need to go back to the stock injectors and intake manifold, throw the header on and suck it up with $400 (or less) to have a different map for a tune. Because the $400 you spend now, saves you the engine later.

Depending upon the static compression you have, (under 10.0:1) it'll be a lot more sluggish than you think, and not enjoyable enough to "beat on once in a while".

Or, if resources permit. Get a stock block and switch it on over. Its one thing to try and just pass emissions and go back to turbo.. What you want is entirely different.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Then. I wouldn't just take everything off and hope for the best. Running too rich and incorrectly with a large injector is just as dangerous for the car as running too lean.

What you're describing isn't "drivable" in my opinion. You need to go back to the stock injectors and intake manifold, throw the header on and suck it up with $400 (or less) to have a different map for a tune. Because the $400 you spend now, saves you the engine later.

Depending upon the static compression you have, (under 10.0:1) it'll be a lot more sluggish than you think, and not enjoyable enough to "beat on once in a while".

Or, if resources permit. Get a stock block and switch it on over. Its one thing to try and just pass emissions and go back to turbo.. What you want is entirely different.
Its a 100% stock LS motor, my plan was to switch back over to the stock p75 ecu and just cap off the oil feed and return lines from the turbo and put back an intake and header. I was just trying to get buy with doing as little to the fuel system as possible but it sounds like I need to just change back over to stock injectors and set static fuel pressure and be fine.

At that point itll be a stock LS motor with just intake and exhaust done on stock ECU. The only "mod" would be a fuel pump at that point which shouldnt really matter, right?
Old 03-20-2015, 11:48 AM

Its a 100% stock LS motor, my plan was to switch back over to the stock p75 ecu and just cap off the oil feed and return lines from the turbo and put back an intake and header. I was just trying to get buy with doing as little to the fuel system as possible but it sounds like I need to just change back over to stock injectors and set static fuel pressure and be fine.

At that point itll be a stock LS motor with just intake and exhaust done on stock ECU. The only "mod" would be a fuel pump at that point which shouldnt really matter, right?
I see. The entire engine is stock. If that's the case, then yes. Your intention sounded different than what you stated earlier, about beating the hell out of it for an "occasional daily".

So, no, carry on with your original plan.