Notices

putting on my own kit....

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 07:11 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default putting on my own kit....

im going to do it myself, just have a few questions before i start.

1. I bought a brand new tial wastegate 35mm and it came in the box and i was wondering is it already assembled and where does that metal ring go? Also does anything go over the back piece?

2. Where does the vacum line go to from the top of the wastegate?? do i have to run a vacum line can i leave it open? pros and cons of that, if i can.

3. im looking at the T3 60 turbocharger which is water and oil cooled. is the flange with the 3 holes the oil feed or return line. is the flange with the 2 holes and the square in the middle the water feed or return?? i know i can just run the oil and block off the water, need to figure out which one is which.

4. also on the turbocharger, it looks like a fitting sticking out im assuming this is the return or feed. it has to be one of them..lol.

5. i have a gsr motor with 9;1 compression and was wondering which fmu disk should i run?

hope you guys understand my questions and thanks for the help. cant wait to get started on it.
Old 07-01-2002, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: putting on my own kit.... (B18C-RnVA)

Ok, I will help you out a bit. You know, since I sold you a couple of parts and all....
1) The metal ring is absolutely needed for the Tial wg. It gets placed in the exhaust intake side (bottom) of the unit itself. If you look at it you will find out which way it goes. You should be able to slide it in and it will have a step of maybe .003", and that will get pressed flat when it gets bolted to the manifold.
2) The top port on the wg gets hooked to an electronic boost controller. If not using an ebc make sure this is VENTED to the atmosphere.
3) Without looking at turbo itself I cannot acurately describe which is which. But I can tell you that the oil feed side should have an 1/8" threaded hole for the feed (outside 2 is where a flange would get mounted to) and on the opposite side there is a squarish looking hole for the oil dump. The water feed and return should look somewhat similiar, but without a threaded feed---I may be wrong though, like I said, post a pic if you could.
4) Yeah, I guess it would be one of them. If its a 60-1 off of something like a Thunderbird than it could be either. SOme factorsy cars use hard lines for both oil and water return lines.
5) The FMU disc depends on flow rate injectorsyou are using. If you using stock 240cc injectors than you want a 12:1 disc. 310's would use an 8:1.

Hope this helps somewhat.
~Dan