Notices

Profec B spec 2 problem with hi boost??

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Profec B spec 2 problem with hi boost??

I have recently bought a Greddy Profec B spec 2 and it seem to work well apart from when I switch to high boost it takes a lot longer to spool up then it normally should.

I notice it hits about 15psi bounces between 16 to 15psi there for a second or two then goes on to 22psi. It holds it there nice and steady once it gets there but the lag while it bounces around means I don't hit full boost in 1st or 2nd. Anyone had similar issues be able to help out?
Old 10-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Profec B spec 2 problem with hi boost?? (Drew Peacock)

boink
Old 10-24-2007, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is your setup and what settings is the profec2 at? what boost level are you trying to acheive. are you getting spiking or creep?
Old 10-24-2007, 09:26 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Profec B spec 2 problem with hi boost?? (dpetro1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dpetro1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what is your setup and what settings is the profec2 at? what boost level are you trying to acheive. are you getting spiking or creep?</TD></TR></TABLE>

these need to be answered to get any type of usable feedback whatsoever.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Profec B spec 2 problem with hi boost?? (TheShodan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

these need to be answered to get any type of usable feedback whatsoever.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Off the top of my head.

Lo 50 30%gain .9kpa set gain 1.6kpa 20%
Hi 75 30%gain 1.4kpa set gain 1.6kpa 20%

Tuner orginally had the set gain at .8kpa for low and 1.0kpa for Hi. When I adjuster the set gain it increased the spool time on the low boost
setting but Hi boost flutters around like it did with his setting in 1st and 2nd gear.

Lo goes to 1.1kpa about 16psi

Hi goes to 1.5kpa about 22psi
Appreciate the help
ha new similies
Old 10-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmmm im a bit confused with all the kpa numbers could you try to clarify the settings a bit. anyways here is what im going to suggest...tune the boost level with just the set and gain. leave set gain at 0. once you are getting consistent boost then you can keep increasing set gain until it starts spiking. you want to be right on the edge of good spool and spiking.

also ive noticed that i might spike more in first than in the higher gears so take that into account as well. could be dangerous to spike too high in low gears
Old 10-24-2007, 09:44 PM

Ok. Good start. what boost levels are you trying to get with each setting..
Old 10-25-2007, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok. Good start. what boost levels are you trying to get with each setting..</TD></TR></TABLE>

The lo setting gets me 16psi or 1.1bar Hi is 22psi or 1.5kpa it does hold boost nicely but as I said flutters around on the high setting before hitting full boost I have the record function on my Defi gauges so its easy to see.

Um perhaps I need someone to watch the Profec B, maybe it is seeing a spike in the lower gears and limiting it. If this is the case its not showing on my Defi gauge. Will check it this weekend but I don't think this is the case.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:10 AM

That's not what I asked, man... I am asking, what boost levels do you WANT, not what it currently DOES. What levels are you TRYING to get at low and high boost settings.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's not what I asked, man... I am asking, what boost levels do you WANT, not what it currently DOES. What levels are you TRYING to get at low and high boost settings.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol

i think what it comes down to is that the gain isnt adjusted correctly. cause what you describe is a consistancy issue. again i will suggest setting the set gain at 0 and getting boost levels dialed in correctly.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's not what I asked, man... I am asking, what boost levels do you WANT, not what it currently DOES. What levels are you TRYING to get at low and high boost settings.</TD></TR></TABLE> That is what i want. Its not a honda so its ok. dpetro1 I will have go thanks.