Notices

Profec B Spec 2 help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Profec B Spec 2 help please

I have searched on here and read the manual in both languages trying to figure this out but I can't, at the moment I am so frustrated I am ready to sell it and get another MBC just for the simplicity factor.

I am running this EBC on my car on low boost (10 lbs) and for the life of me can't keep it out of protect mode everytime I floor the damn thing. I have tried every possible way I can figure out and at the moment, nothing is working. Right now the boost is set at 30% cycle (off the rotary ****). Gain is set at a low rate of 21, set gain is at 25. Warning I set for 12 lbs and my warning reaction is set to 0% (off). I have tried every setting on the planet for the gain and start boost (set gain) and it will not stop going into protection mode. I know the duty cycle of the solenoid can cause it to spike or creep which will set it off but anywhere from 18-23 it is set perfect going to exactly 10psi and not moving. My start boost set at 25 (AKA set gain) is not causeing it to over react that I can tell and it is not causing a spike either but the damn thing immediately goes into protection once it crosses over into vtec and starts to pull hard.

I have lowered the boost setting all the way to wastegate spring tension almost of 7lbs and it will still do it. Seeing this damn boost controller start flashing at me at night is seriously driving me insane because I know it's not working right even though the warning feature is turned off so it's not affecting anything. I just hate that something is wrong with it. Anyone have any ideas that can help me out here? Thanks in advance.