Notices

Problems with revhard stage 2 00 civic si (losing boost)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with revhard stage 2 00 civic si (losing boost)

I recently installed a revhard stage 2 on my 2000 civic si and now the problems are arising. The first time i drove the car after the install it would spool around 3k and reach max boost set by the wastegate at about 5,500k all the way through redline. After the first drive I have noticed a drop in boost, now it is to the point it is just plain sad(1 or 2 psi at the most). I need some help I have been racking my brain trying to figure out what it could be i have checked everything, any help would be great at this point i have had this kit on for two weeks. The first week ran great with no problems, then the second week outta nowhere the boost was gone and my bov sounded like a rusty playground swing. Found a leak the downpipe and had it rewelded still no boost, fixed faulty wastegate gasket and used high temp gasket maker to make a new one does not leak anymore but still no boost. i checked all vaccum lines and checked to see if my bov was stuck open everthing seems to be good i dunno what going on. Help!!
Old 05-12-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Problems with revhard stage 2 00 civic si (RFd15bhatch)

Check and make sure all bolts are tight turbo manifold bolts espeacially and make sure all intercooler piping is tight too there has to be a leak if it worked before and now it doesnt.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Problems with revhard stage 2 00 civic si (Treblarefils)

I just got my rev hard stage 2 kit installed too on my GSR Civic. In fact I just got it installed a week ago today. Hondata tuned.

Do you have a boost controller so that you can turn up and down your boost??

Did you install it yourself?? If not, then maybe take it back to them and have them look over it to check if anything isn't connected right. Make sure that both of the hoses that are connected to the wastegate aren't being cut off by any sharp bends.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Problems with revhard stage 2 00 civic si (G-Phi)

i all ready did all that the vaccum lines are good to go i dunno whats going on yes we installed it ourselfs and it ran great for about a week owned a few cars in it but then all of a sudden boost just vanished.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:26 PM

If I was you I would take all piping off around turbo and check to make sure that the turbo still spins freely. something could have got sucked into the turbo and caused damage.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: (Pwat11)

turbo spins freely no shaft play i also spun it by hand to make sure it was spinning freely the wastegate dosent even get hot when driving but when it sits there and idles then it gets hot the dump tube elbow is the same way also
Old 06-24-2005, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Problems with revhard stage 2 00 civic si (RFd15bhatch)

check to make sure no exhaust is coming out of the dump tube at idle and rev it up a little and make sure no exhaust is coming out of dump tube then, its gonna get hot mounted to the exhaust but you saying something about it made me think this could be a possibility. it would show if the wastegate was stuck open a little or something, you could also take it off and look at the valve and push it up and down to make sure it works smooth. if stuck open you will loose exhaust pressure=loss of boost. maybe i dunno just my .02 cents