Notices

Boost Being WeToddid Not Spiking, Boosting all over besides my spring stage

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost Being WeToddid Not Spiking, Boosting all over besides my spring stage

Been driving a stock b16a2 with my homemade kit for around 1,200 miles before this problem arose. Kit consists a BMC log Mani, 3" downpipe, new Garrett t3/t04e turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, DSM 1g BOV, Precision FMIC. Had the car tuned and it ran great, it still runs great but won't boost full anymore. It's weird though because sometimes it'll only boost 3lbs and sometimes it'll boost 6lbs, and anywhere in between. It seems to boost higher after only being driven for 10-15 minutes, after 45-60 minutes it seems to not want to boost higher than 3ish. I have a Small Green Spring in right now so it should be around 7lbs. So far the only issues I've had with the setup was that my first 1g DSM BOV was leaking so that was replaced which fixed that problem. After that the car was boosting great! My thoughts are that there is a leak somewhere in the charge pipes (I'm using basic plumbing couplers from home depot w/ worm clamps.... not the best) or the gasket from the manifold to turbo is leaking. I've already purchased silicone couplers and t-clamps which will be going on this weekend. If that doesn't fix the problem I'm going to replace the manifold to turbo gasket. Any other ideas from my fellow Honda-Tech friends?
Old 09-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Boost Being WeToddid Not Spiking, Boosting all over besides my spring stage (SiBuddy00)

i thinnk you answered your question. start with the fernco fittings. they belong on toilets. thats why home depot doesnt sell samco he hee. then go from there.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Boost Being WeToddid Not Spiking, Boosting all over besides my spring stage (boostedcivicsir)

So... the t-bolt clamps came but the silicone couplers that were promised to be here by Thursday never came... Now I'm heading back to school with the couplers on their way to my house Good News is.. I was changing the oil and the coupler straight off the turbo was torn. Replaced that and replaced my plugged air filter and woolah!! Back to boostin Thanks for your input boostedcivicsir