Notices

Problem, need information and problems....

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil coming out of turbo ait inlet...

Well was just checking under the hood and noticed a black smudge on the mesh I have over my turbo inlet, and on the tranny.... I took the mesh off and noticed oil coating and a tiny pool on the inlet of my turbo..... is it safe to say its blown? Also is it safe to drive? (This would explain why my oil return apparently always leaks no matter what I do.... its actually the seals).

Who here has used majestic turbo to rebuild? Is it possible to express overnight them and have it done ASAP? IE I ship it, they have it for 1 day, rebuild it and nextday or same day it back to me? How much on average does it cost to rebuild? Any other info is appreciated. This really blows.... gonna have to tap into and drain the 5spd swap fund.... ARGGGG

[Modified by shadowdawn, 8:13 PM 8/31/2002]
Old 08-31-2002, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Problem, need information and problems.... (shadowdawn)

Also notice my oild dipstick is a tad above the second dot..... dunno if having a tiny bit of extra oil might have something to do with it.... probably not my guess.
Old 08-31-2002, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Problem, need information and problems.... (shadowdawn)

I think it might be my oil return, I didn't have this problem before with just the shitty rubber hose (as bad anyway). Since I've went stainless to a few inches of rubber at the end to connect it back to the tube fitting in the pan this problem started. My return line goes almost below the DP and comes back up mabye 1" before getting to the oil pan itself.

Any insight?