Notices

Problem with Blitz BOV

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Blitz BOV

Bare with me because I'm just getting into the turbo thing... I bought a used Blitz BOV from a guy in Japan. The brass valve that goes up to release the air can't be pushed up by hand. I've tried to loosen the top screw, almost everything except take it apart, this doesn't seem right to me. Is this normal, does it need adjusted or could it be messed up?
Old 12-28-2004, 01:20 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Problem with Blitz BOV (The Clash)

its normal. install it and see if it opens
Old 12-30-2004, 04:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Problem with Blitz BOV (wantboost)

That's not really an option yet since I'm just getting all the parts together - nothing installed yet. I don't see how air is gonna open the valve when I'm pushing all my force against it and it won't budge it just doesn't make sense. A friend of mine had a 2nd gen DSM BOV and you could push the valve up with your thumb, thats what makes me think this one is messed up.
Old 12-31-2004, 05:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Honestly I'm new to all this so I have no clue and I don't want to weld a flange on my charge pipe (in case the BOV in broke) considering I'm just piecing everything together right now. I have no way to test it so that's why I'm asking, I'd like some more opinions before I decide to cut my losses and buy another BOV.
Old 12-31-2004, 05:48 PM

Not only do you have the air pushing it open, but you also have the vacuum pulling it open. You are fine. My tial is the same way and works fine. Thats how they are supposed to be.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:09 AM

Default Re: Problem with Blitz BOV (ButteroJ)

I took of my blitz bov for some cleaning, when I put it back together it was really hard to push. I installed it back onto the car. When I went to drive it the BOV would not blow off. I took it apart again to find out that I had installed the washer backwards. So if you install it and it does not blow off no matter how you adj. it, just check the washer inside since you bought it used. But they are hard to push anyways.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Problem with Blitz BOV (boost fed ls)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boost fed ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I took of my blitz bov for some cleaning, when I put it back together it was really hard to push.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I haven't taken the c-clip off on the bottom to take it apart yet but I think I will check it out. Mine won't budge at all! Just to see I put the end on the corner of a metal desk and pushed as hard as I could and nothing, I mean seriously it won't move whatsoever.