Notices

Precision SC-32 spool time

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Precision SC-32 spool time

On a b16 with a equal length mani, about what RPM's will I reach full boost with SC-32? I know the SC-61 is better, but its for my Daily driver so i would like it to be "drivable". Thanks in advance

Search no workie
Old 09-17-2005, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Precision SC-32 spool time (elitesi8)

Are you saying the sc-61 doesn't make the car drivable??

I'm running a B16 with sc-61 on 7pounds of boost, daily driven. No problems here. I prefer a higher spooling turbo, because when your getting on the car, you're in higher rpm's anyways. Plus, with the was gas prices are, I don't want to be boosting immediately. And the lag isn't bad at all. Very tolerable. Rolling 30mph in second gear, punch it and you FLY!!!
Old 09-17-2005, 06:28 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Precision SC-32 spool time (TopSecretEg6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TopSecretEg6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you saying the sc-61 doesn't make the car drivable??

I'm running a B16 with sc-61 on 7pounds of boost, daily driven. No problems here. I prefer a higher spooling turbo, because when your getting on the car, you're in higher rpm's anyways. Plus, with the was gas prices are, I don't want to be boosting immediately. And the lag isn't bad at all. Very tolerable. Rolling 30mph in second gear, punch it and you FLY!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

No. what he's referring to is the responsiveness of the turbo in conjunction with engine demand for the "drivability", not just spool time. Though you may not be in boost under load, that "gas price" theory is irrelevant for his purpose. what he's trying to do is make sure that off/on boost response is a smoother transition than looking at it as whether or not you're in actual "spool".

Many are not in High rpms when driving daily if they're driving sensibly and safely. In a drag race condition that's one thing, but not for a daily responsible driving situation.

You're choice in an SC32 or a slight variant is just fine.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Precision SC-32 spool time (TheShodan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Many are not in High rpms when driving daily if they're driving sensibly and safely. In a drag race condition that's one thing, but not for a daily responsible driving situation.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Drag racing, that's what i meant
I was just saying that the SC-61 WAS drivable, because the way he worded it made it sound like it's a nice turbo, but not drivable.....?!???!!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by elitesi8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I know the SC-61 is better, but its for my Daily driver so i would like it to be "drivable". </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-17-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Precision SC-32 spool time (TheShodan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No. what he's referring to is the responsiveness of the turbo in conjunction with engine demand for the "drivability", not just spool time. Though you may not be in boost under load, that "gas price" theory is irrelevant for his purpose. what he's trying to do is make sure that off/on boost response is a smoother transition than looking at it as whether or not you're in actual "spool".

Many are not in High rpms when driving daily if they're driving sensibly and safely. In a drag race condition that's one thing, but not for a daily responsible driving situation.

You're choice in an SC32 or a slight variant is just fine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

TheShodan, you are correct. That is what I meant, I am asking about drivablility adn as you say the off/on boost response and a smoother transition is exactly what I am looking for, I am not looking to have a 600hp daily driver just a reliable smooth driving car. TopSecretEg6 I am not saying the sc-61 is not a good turbo, its a great turbo its just not what I am looking for, I've seen alot of high horsepower cars with that turbine, and maybe in the future I will get one, but for now I will sacrifice good drivablity for high HP.

Old 09-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Precision SC-32 spool time (elitesi8)

The SC50E would suit your needs better than the SC32E.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Precision SC-32 spool time (0x64)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 0x64 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The SC50E would suit your needs better than the SC32E.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What would the 50E spool at? or the 32E too? (spool time)