Notices

Possible seals blown?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible seals blown?

Okay here's the scoop. I've searched and found multiple different things that could be my issue. I have a stock b18c1 with a 50ar cold side 63 hot side cxracing turbo. I hooked everything up. All vacuum lines. Also have tial wastegate with a cast manifold. The car currently has a basemap from Evans tuning. It rand fine when I first started it for about two minutes. After I shut it off everything seemed fine and I went through and zip tied all my vacuum lines to keep them on. After my battery died and I charged it I started it again. And noticed it was smoking from the open downpipe. And I noticed that at the turbo feed it seems to be leaking in the middle of the turbo and now there is oil in the downpipe. I shortened my oil return to my oil pan thinking it had a loop in it. Made sure the bung in the pan is above the oil level in the pan. Anybody have any suggestions why the turbo is leaking oil. All the seals inside appear to be totally fine. My oil feed also has a restrict or in it. Also where it screws into the turbo there is what looking to be a restrict or in there. It looks like a plus sign in there with a small hole about the size of the one in the feed line. All my lines are connected correctly. I Just don't understand what is causing oil to leak at the middle of the turbo and the exhaust wheel is all oily. Along with a little oil in the downpipe. It ran like this for maybe 29 seconds before I shortened the drain line. Anybody have any input? The car ran perfectly fine naturally aspirated so I don't think it is crank case pressure. It's almost like my oil pressure is too high and pumping way to much oil into the turbo. The drain is a 10an size hose which is what everyone recommends if I recall correctly. My oil feed line is also pretty short and barely makes it from the back of the block to the turbo. Would a longer feed line with more slack be a problem, or help my problem I should say? Also the oil drain is more towards the side of the turbo and not directly straight on with it. Could this be a problem. I previously had a d16 boosted like this and didn't have any problems. (Bought it that way) I'm just really stumped on while oil would what seems to be backing up in the turbo. Any help would be appreciated. Or links to someone with the same problem? Thanks in advance Honda tech members! Ps: this is a trial to get into the boost game. Although I'm not trying to destroy the motor.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:30 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Possible seals blown?

It's called white space... Use it.
That gigantic block of text with no punctuation or spaces is impossible to read.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:40 PM
Trial User

I am a new user so I can't start a thread so I'll just do this.
I have a 2005 accord v6 6spd I hear a hissing noise in the inside. First I thought it was the clutch because it happens when the clutch is de pressed. But when I turn the steering wheel, just the slightest it stops. Does anyone know what this might be.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:49 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

One. Stop thread jacking
Two. This is forced induction, not the accord forum. go post there.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:30 PM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

OP - You bought a junk turbo and you are wondering why there is an issue? You answered your own question. Also, you need to know what your max cold oil pressure is, the size of the hole in your restrictor, and the max pressure the CHRA can see.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Corrected. There was dirt in the feed hole in the turbo. Blew it out with air compressor and works fine now. Thanks for the help guys. Not sure what the second post on here about punctuation and being unable to read is about. Glad to see after not being on here we still have fellow Honda owners "working on these for 17 years" that claim to know quite a bit yet ask more retarded questions on other threads that were answered in the previous post. Hmmmm.