Notices

possible to mix match turbo to a "setup"

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possible to mix match turbo to a "setup"

i was lookin @ ebay and stuff where people are selling turbos, no kit just the turbine off their vr-4's and stuff.
i was wondering since their so cheap, could you buy one and put it in as long as the intercooler, and piping etc. were made to fit your car and just use a pipe that
changes size from the turbo to piping and engine to make it fit and get your car tuned once installed.
crazy idea and it sounds like i'm trying to cut corners but..... possible??
Old 08-13-2006, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: possible to mix match turbo to a "setup" (sparcocivic)

Haha dont let the people at HMT hear you say its crazy

There are litterally thousands of people using OEM turbos from different cars on there honda. A turbocharger is a turbocharger, they all work the same and need the basic other parts to support them. When doing it this way, you'll usually save yourself a bunch of money, but you will have to locate and fabricate many of your own parts to adapt it to your car.

Check out http://www.homemadeturbo.com for plenty of info on this subject. You'll be able to find tons of setups like this around here too. Just be sure to do your research on everything before you buy, alot of the parts you see are great, alot are junk.

O and I hope your sticking to OEM type stuff from other cars and not "ebay" no name turbos, these are a no no.