Notices

Plans for turbo setup.. Comments?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plans for turbo setup.. Comments?

Basically this is my 2nd turbo Honda, first was a 88 crx, stock b18c on 7psi went 12.6 i loved the car.

I bought a 96 gsr integra, its bone stock as far as drivetrain, its slammed on some gram lights and some other suspention anyways. car has 130,000 KM (not miles) on it, and im 2nd owner, only put 15k on it and past history was awesome, car runs amazing.

heres the plans. I plan to reuse some stuff from the crx, and go new with some others.

For manifold/DP/wastegate dump, i plan to go new, running a RLD setup, ramhorn, 3" DP all stainless etc.
Re-use my garrett T3/To4e 57trim .63ar turbo
Re-use my Tial 38mm WG
New JIC 2.5" stainless catback with titanium muffler (help keep it quieter then my 3" catback on the crx) out of boost anyways.. heheh.
New '600hp' Precision IC
ACT 6puck sprung with xtreme PP.
Re-use Stage 2 Gator axles.
Re-use parts and pieces of my 2.5" stainless charge piping, all mandrel bent, reuse all the slicone couplers and Tbolt clamps.
Convert to OBD1, run a Chipped P28 and crome pro for tuning.
Stock 96 gsr transmission
Stock 96 gsr bottom end
Fluidyne 1/2 Rad
Remove A/C.
Re-use 50mm Tial BOV.
Re-use Catchcan setup.
Re-use Oil feed line
New oil return line, length different im assuming.

Then on my crx, i had a CTR head with GSR cams, a edelbrock IM, precision 780cc injectors, ARP head studs, AEM FPR, and STR 70mm TB, I plan to just bolt this head combo onto the 96 gsr block, the head is mint.

Re-use LM1 WB02, Greddy boost/egt gauges, Autometer oil press/water temp.

The crx was an awesome car, fun to drive, sounded mean everything. The only problem was due to my shitty ramhorn i couldnt fit a half rad straight, so it was on a huge angle and the car constantly was running hot in traffic everything, fan was wired to ign. Plus the intercooler was blocking off alot of the airflow. Other then that the car haulded *** all summer long.

I figure with the integra, theres WAY more room under the bumper to fit the intercooler properly, and i can fit a halfrad straight since the manifold will be a better fit, and i can run a bigger fan that flows more CFM. And i will also add an oil cooler as well.

Since i was boosted, being NA SUCKS. I did all the work myself and all the fab work except for the manifold, so now that im buying the manifold/dp/dump as a kit, it will go much easier, i plan to put this together in a weekend!

haha.

So how do my plans sound? I was running 94-01 integra axles on the crx so they will fit no prob.

Atleast this time i will get it dyno tuned, last time was just street tuned.