Notices

PIC REQUEST: Filter placement on a compressor housing on the drivers side

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PIC REQUEST: Filter placement on a compressor housing on the drivers side

like it says i want some pics of filter placements and types with the compressor housing on the drivers side.

93 coupe, ls/vtec, equal length, sc34

thanks
Old 10-24-2005, 12:38 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: PIC REQUEST: Filter placement on a compressor housing on the drivers side (B16Civic93)

this is my setup. t3-t67 h.o.
K&N part number: ru-2510 it has a 4" inlet though.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PIC REQUEST: Filter placement on a compressor housing on the drivers side (boostedcivicsir)

Mine is in the same exact place. or was. I hydrolocked my motor the other week with the shitload of rain we got. Be careful...If you can fit an intake pipe you should use one
Old 10-24-2005, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: PIC REQUEST: Filter placement on a compressor housing on the drivers side (m R g S r)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by m R g S r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mine is in the same exact place. or was. I hydrolocked my motor the other week with the shitload of rain we got. Be careful...If you can fit an intake pipe you should use one </TD></TR></TABLE>

man common sense kicked your ***!

with an exposed filter element and obviously we are drawing air above atmospheric pressure, we should all know that this isnt something that should be just driven around town. you can put a pipe on there, i fitted mine with my old drag intake pipe just cut a few inches off, when i go to the track i just take it off
Old 10-24-2005, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PIC REQUEST: Filter placement on a compressor housing on the drivers side (B16Civic93)

https://honda-tech.com/gara...=1249
Old 10-24-2005, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PIC REQUEST: Filter placement on a compressor housing on the drivers side (Dturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">https://honda-tech.com/gara...=1249</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats pretty cool
Old 10-24-2005, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PIC REQUEST: Filter placement on a compressor housing on the drivers side (2k.civic.si)

^^^nice diy
Old 10-25-2005, 03:29 AM

Default Re: PIC REQUEST: Filter placement on a compressor housing on the drivers side (AbitAvenger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">https://honda-tech.com/gara...=1249</TD></TR></TABLE>

OK, Couple questions...

How safe is it to cut through the frame rail like that?
Will it pass tech at an NHRA/NDRA even?
Do you put a filter on there and the splash guards to cover it?
What did you use to cut the frame rail?
Was it honestly worth the work, and do you have anything to back it up if you say yes?

Not tryin to give you a hard time... Just looks kinda nifty and I wondered if it would be worth doing something like that
Old 10-25-2005, 04:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PIC REQUEST: Filter placement on a compressor housing on the drivers side (BoostedCivicSedan)

I don't think it's his car.....
Old 10-25-2005, 04:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PIC REQUEST: Filter placement on a compressor housing on the drivers side (BoostedCivicSedan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedCivicSedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

OK, Couple questions...

Was it honestly worth the work, and do you have anything to back it up if you say yes?

Not tryin to give you a hard time... Just looks kinda nifty and I wondered if it would be worth doing something like that</TD></TR></TABLE>

i think i would drown the motor on my burnout, much less soak the filter as well, if it were open like my fenders are
Old 10-25-2005, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedCivicSedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

OK, Couple questions...

Not tryin to give you a hard time... Just looks kinda nifty and I wondered if it would be worth doing something like that</TD></TR></TABLE>

1. safe, why wouldnt it be? we are talking about tin cans here.
2. sure why not?
3. yes, it has a small bend coming off the frame rail with the original fender liner.
4. a 3inch hole saw, will cut through no problem, then just weld another section of tube into the framerail to make it complete.
5. yea, it was worth the work. one of the previous filters had gotten so heated that the glue came apart from the filter and the base. (filter fell off) with the filter like this, you are not sucking all the hot engine bay air, and there is alot less of a chance your filter will fall apart due to heat.(it was previously clamped directly to the compressor housing.

Old 10-25-2005, 11:44 AM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: PIC REQUEST: Filter placement on a compressor housing on the drivers side (m R g S r)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by m R g S r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mine is in the same exact place. or was. I hydrolocked my motor the other week with the shitload of rain we got. Be careful...If you can fit an intake pipe you should use one </TD></TR></TABLE>

i appreciate the thoughts, but it is a fair weather car, it only sees rain when the occasional storm pops up. it isnt my daily.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PIC REQUEST: Filter placement on a compressor housing on the drivers side (rota92)

What are these filter things you guys keep talking about?
I wish I would have put more thought into filter location when i built my manifold. Now if I want to run a filter I pretty much have two options....modify car to alow a 4" pipe to connect to turbo and out of engine bay and then put filter there or...Fabricate aluminum sheetmetal airbox underhood that connects to turbo and run pipe off of that box outside to get some air in. One good thing...it's lined up nicely with the headlight for my other (track only) air induction setup

EDIT: Don't say get rid of the powersteering stuff. The powersteering is still hooked up with some modification and will be fully functional with the top mount turbo manifold and 4" dp (soon to be made).