Notices

PerformanceCNC (cncport.com)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PerformanceCNC (cncport.com)

Anyone have any experiences using Performance CNC porting on a SFWD set up or any forced induction set up? What are your likes and dislikes? Any info would be helpful.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PerformanceCNC (slrh22hatch)

Anyone?
Old 02-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PerformanceCNC (slrh22hatch)

I have one of there heads here right now and i must say i am really dissapointed in it. I was kind of sketchy about it when i saw the price and my assumptions were right.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what's wrong with it?
Old 02-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ( miller )

in for answers
Old 02-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ( miller ) (DaveF)

I saw one, and it just looks like it needed hand finished. Although I'm completely clueless when it comes to head work, there were obvious tooling marks most notably in the combustion chamber area.

CNC ported heads is a good idea, basically they put a well known head on a CNC which copies the port work and bowl work, then they just run that program on every head they receive, and therefore every head is theoretically the same.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ( miller ) (narfdanarf)

http://www.centroidcnc.com/cnc...d.htm

here is a video of one at work, copying and porting a head.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ( miller ) (narfdanarf)

why would they not hand finish the job?
Old 02-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't know, maybe they didn't care? Maybe they do now, I don't know, this was probably 8 months ago when I saw one. It was supposedly a copy of an Endyn head.

Modified by narfdanarf at 6:45 PM 2/2/2008
Old 02-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pm AV (precisionh23a) He lives close to them, and I know he has worked with a few of these heads and has given them good ratings.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1893977
Old 02-02-2008, 08:35 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: ( miller ) (tegman2)

Cncport.com does amazing work we have had Jason cut us about 7 heads in the last 4 months and everyone we get them done for are very happy and have never had one complaint. Just because someone on here thinks it doesnt look good doesnt mean a damn thing its how it performs so I wouldnt take any advice from someone who thinks they are god and has not even tried out the head on an actual setup. I think the remarks made were a stab in the back... Here are some pics of the port work on my head enjoys... I am very happy and once my setup is all set I will post all the numbers I can..

Old 02-02-2008, 09:18 PM

while i don't doubt the actual performance if they did copy a highly functional head to begin with, i will say the tooling marks as was refered to earlier are kinda poor. i make a living using a cnc machine both writing the programs for them and running products. the tool marks in the combustion chamber are most likely from a carbide ball nose end mill. which works great but carbide tools are spun much faster then a high speed steel tool. which also allows for faster feed rates. every little step that you see is a new pass made by the tool. from a pic it looks rippled. could be from a number of factors. depth of cut too deep, tool deflection. or just rpm/ipm too much. it might not affect anything but i know i wouldn't want it in my engine. the couldn't even make a polishing pass where they machine the company name...
Old 02-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1320SmokeShow)

We have 2 cars with these heads that Jason has done for us. Both should be on the dyno towards the middle or end of next week. I should have some real data to share with everybody.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (InDub)

I was not trying to make a stab at all. I was merely stating what I saw awhile back when I personally looked at the head. You can see the marks in your combustion chamber pic, although the ones I saw were a lot worse then that, it looks like they are getting better.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:12 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (1320SmokeShow)

Yeah maybe he should polish the logo it might free up some ponies.

I have tuned a few cars with the head and I am very happy with the results I will continue to use Jason for all of my PNP heads. I am not knocking anyone else that ports heads I have never used anyone elses nor would I say "UMMM it looks bad" I am a strong believer in lets strap that **** to the dyno and find out.. The end result is what does it.

I tuned a 2.ol GSR on 12 psi of boost with jasons head on the car and I got 412whp I am going to finish tuning this car in the spring I will have more data..

CNC PORT FTW!!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 05:13 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (narfdanarf)

Could have fooled me you and your boy MILLER up there taking stabs @ Jason here and on other forums..
Old 02-03-2008, 05:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cigrafix2)

I'm down with being a guinea pig if CNC port wants to do a back to back comparo against a stock head on a high hp honda
Old 02-03-2008, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boner_Ben)

In most cases a shiny finish does nothing for flow, I have ported my own heads and spent hours on a flow bench playing with designs and surfaces finishes.
The intake needs to have somewhat of a coarse finish to help tumble the gas/air mix. Polishing the exhaust and combustion chambers does very little, the theory is to prevent carbon build up. The CNC process is only as good as the original port.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

tex runs their head...
Old 02-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DRIVENRacing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DRIVENRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">tex runs their head... </TD></TR></TABLE>

whats your point ?
Old 02-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cigrafix2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cigrafix2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Could have fooled me you and your boy MILLER up there taking stabs @ Jason here and on other forums.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

reread what I said then...I don't know the guy, don't care either, don't give a damn about his heads or any other for that matter. Someone asked and I stated what I saw. I tried to say that it looks like they are getting better, and I added that precisionh23a has had good luck with them. I said all the problems I saw with them were probably cosmetic.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:14 AM

Default Re: (DRIVENRacing)

There are only two things I don't like from the pics.
1-the divider is kinda nasty in the pics
2-My biggest problem here-Is the fact that they took out the guide bosses on the int.A honda head has the guide at a very sharp angle compared to the port roof and by taking out the guide boss you only have about .200-.300 of alum(depending on how much they took out of the roof) holding the guide in place.
Almost all professional porters stopped doing this because the guide can move when it doesn't have the proper amount of press holding it in.Also if they didn't take the time to prep the guide before installation the guide will not go back to the stock angle,it will push off of the long side of the guide bore and end up moving the valve towards the short turn.
This is a very big problem on B16's where the port is extremely thin there behind the guide boss and the spring pad sits.Many B16's have cracked right at this spot because of the thin area there.And since I know every porter I've talked to has told me of the same problem I know it's not the human error on my part.

Besides that they look good and shouldn't be anything there that keeps them from making good power.Don't let the cutting marks fool you into thinking that they aren't good.The tool marks have very little to no affect on power.Except maybe on the divider,where they have left very sharp edges and that does concern me,it could lead to turbulence.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Fkned)

in the pics of the head. i might be mistaken but i see crazy tool marks in the combustion chamber. which would lead to hotspots. also the ports look to smoth which would cut fown on atomization of the air/fiel mix. also the divider looks like they tried to knife edge, but didnt work out right.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (postman)

anyone actually have some numbers? looks like people are judging the heads by the tool marks in the combustion chamber and that seems kinda silly considering how many v8 combustion chambers look exactly the same and make about 8 times the hp without a problem.

look at afr, dart, trickflow and brodix. they all have pretty similar tool marks.

i will tell you that the b-series dart head has tool marks in it as well. that thing flows like a mother.

that thing looks pretty nice, i would give it a try if there was some positive data on it.

Quick Reply: PerformanceCNC (cncport.com)