Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts list?

I have a 93 del sol Si
5 speed
P08-3 heads with a ZC block. P28 ecu.
Don't know if all that was necessary, but might as well put it.

Okay, heres what I'm looking for. I want to turbo charge my del sol. I'm not trying to get crazy fast, I just want to be able to get moderate power to help my car up hills merging, and then just some fun. My car has pretty good acceleration in the first and second gear, but I'm hoping the turbo will help. I'm guessing around 7lbs would be good? I don't know how much is a lot, but Im pretty sure I don't want to exceed 10psi or lbs? I'm not quite sure what's in my motor internally, but I'm just wanting to get it "set-up" for boost so I know it can hold it and also be my DAILY. I drive 60 miles four times a week, and I don't want to have a lot of issues while doing that. I just want a list of what needs to be done to the motor and everything else so I can then save up to buy boost. Personal preferences, brand, and price would be nice. I'm going for a daily turbo sol. I know it won't be cheap, but might as well put my money somewhere where I can enjoy it. I don't really have a hp or tq number I want to hit, but I'd be happy with keeping at least decent gas mileage. Like I said, I don't want this to be stupid fast, with stupid power, lol. Just want the power when I need it. I'm just looking for a list of what I need to do to so my engine will hold the boost before I can actually start the build.

Thanks for reading!
Old 11-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Parts list?

You're not going to "accidentally" have a lot of horsepower. You should be looking in to engine management and tuning before you throw on a turbo "kit". You also need to have a horsepower goal in mind.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

read the FAQs.. more than once

no one here will spoon feed you with a parts list as most of it comes down to your budget, desired power level, mechanical limits of your motor, and most of all... personal preference
Old 11-12-2013, 02:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wantboost
read the FAQs.. more than once

no one here will spoon feed you with a parts list as most of it comes down to your budget, desired power level, mechanical limits of your motor, and most of all... personal preference
There is a thread that specifically goes over ever piece of a turbo kit. The FAQs are very good around here.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:06 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do your research ... nobody wants to spoon feed info that has been reiterated 1000 times before