Notices

OXYGEN INJECTION

Old 03-16-2005, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OXYGEN INJECTION

Alright, I know this question has been asked a couple times, but it was always about injecting straight/pressurized O2 into the intake.

Now if I took a pressurized tank of O2 and only injected small amounts (IE, to simulate NOS) would anyone see some potential problems with this?? Obviously I would want a Exhaust temp gauge, and maybe some fuel upgrades, but otherwise, this route would be a decent bit cheaper then NOS.

Galland
Old 03-16-2005, 09:00 PM

i believe pure oxygen is A LOT more powerful than nitrous...even hooked up to the smallest nozzle, i think it would melt your internals...just from what i heard.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:01 PM

Default Re: (mattcalica)

I realize O2 is much more powerful then NOS, but if used in small enough amounts it would offer the same performance and even greater if I wanted.

Correct??
Old 03-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: (Galland)

the problem with pure oxygen is that it is very volitile. It would have to be injected in very very very minute amounts, so small it probably wouldnt offer any real performance gain. also, cylinder temperatures get so hot that the unstable oxygen might pre ignite, causing detonation and possibly damaging the internals and/or sleeves
Old 03-16-2005, 09:12 PM

Default Re: OXYGEN INJECTION (Galland)

how would this be cheaper than NoZZ? do you know what N20 is? 2 parts nitrous, 1 part OXYGEN... do you know why that is? so that you don't have uncontrolled combustion and rediculously high temps. direct oxygen is a BADDDD idea.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:14 PM

Default Re: (mattcalica)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mattcalica &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i believe pure oxygen is A LOT more powerful than nitrous...even hooked up to the smallest nozzle, i think it would melt your internals...just from what i heard.</TD></TR></TABLE>

and extremely volatile, burns hotter, more dangerous to have in the car etc. etc.

just add the N2 to your O and you'll be a lot better off.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:16 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Default Re: OXYGEN INJECTION (ndogg)

well, filling up a bottle with pure o2 is a whole lot cheaper than a nitrous refill, if your friends with a doctor thats a plus too

you are correct however, the nitrogen is bonded to the oxygen to prevent the o2 from pre igniting, the nitrogen helps stabilize the oxygen, and at a certain temp, the bond between the nitrogen and oxygen is dissolved, and boom, the oxygen ignites. nitrous is a much safer method, direct oxygen injection wil lead to nothing but problems

another issue with direct oxygen injection is that if you have a backfire while injecting the o2, youll havea massive explosion inside of the intake manifold wich could potentially lead to very bad things such as bodily harm if the explosion was big enough
Old 03-16-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Re: OXYGEN INJECTION (wantboost)

I do understand what NOS is, but I'm not talking about just directly injecting O2, I'm talking about injecting very small amounts into my intake, which will be mixing with regular air, thus creating a higher amount of O2, thus creating the same effect as NOS. And with the right fittings, even if there was a backfire, it wouldn't effect the O2 nozzle.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

it wouldnt affect the o2 nozzle, but in the event of a backfire, all of that o2 flowing into your intake manifold would ignite, causing a really big explosion.

If you injected it in small enough amounts.. i dont see pre ignition being a problem, but its finding out the right amount to inject thats the issue.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:31 PM

you could do propane injection, a lot of diesel guys do that. But I would just stick to nitrous, its already been sorted out and is proven to work
Old 03-16-2005, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Injecting pure oxygen is very dangerous thats basically saying : **** IT BLOW MY MOTOR NOW!

It doesn't have the cooling affect of Nitrous.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Re: OXYGEN INJECTION (wantboost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, filling up a bottle with pure o2 is a whole lot cheaper than a nitrous refill, if your friends with a doctor thats a plus too

you are correct however, the nitrogen is bonded to the oxygen to prevent the o2 from pre igniting, the nitrogen helps stabilize the oxygen, and at a certain temp, the bond between the nitrogen and oxygen is dissolved, and boom, the oxygen ignites. nitrous is a much safer method, direct oxygen injection wil lead to nothing but problems

another issue with direct oxygen injection is that if you have a backfire while injecting the o2, youll havea massive explosion inside of the intake manifold wich could potentially lead to very bad things such as bodily harm if the explosion was big enough</TD></TR></TABLE> hmmm, so you really could "blow the welds on the intake manifold?"...haha...oh and to the guy that said propane injection...propane injection does not give any performance gains to a gasoline engine...it acts like nitrous in a diesel, but if used in a gasoline engines it can allow someone to run more boost as it has a octane level of, i believe, 110...
Old 03-17-2005, 03:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

NOS is somthing Summit makes.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dibble)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dibble &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NOS is somthing Holley owns.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Fixed that for you
Old 03-17-2005, 05:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Galland &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Alright, I know this question has been asked a couple times, but it was always about injecting straight/pressurized O2 into the intake.

Now if I took a pressurized tank of O2 and only injected small amounts (IE, to simulate NOS) would anyone see some potential problems with this?? Obviously I would want a Exhaust temp gauge, and maybe some fuel upgrades, but otherwise, this route would be a decent bit cheaper then NOS.

Galland</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its not cheaper than Nitrous oxide when you have to buy a new engine everytime you melt or explode it. Their is a reason why no one every uses Oxygen.