Notices

Opinions on edelbrock turbo kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on edelbrock turbo kits

I'm considering 2 options, building my own kit or just getting a complete kit and be done with it. The edelbrock is one of the most expensive yet most complete kits out there but, for CA guys like me is CARB legal. I was wondering if any of you out their have used this kit and what you think of it. I'm particularly interested in part # 1500 for the 92-95 civics & del sols.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Opinions on edelbrock turbo kits (broketuner-sol_si)

I asked a similar question a little while ago. The kit looks to be extremely good. Depending on whta engine you have it can make some really good power gains. Edlebrock is a really good quality build, so you can never go wrong. If you are looking for a reliable kit that is easy to put on and will definatley work with your car then Id go with eldebrock. My only question about the kit is how it will work on a built engine adn what type of ecus and you use with the kit.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

they have a piggyback from what i remember for tuning on the regular kit. It'd work fine on a built engine but i'd want to ditch the piggyback in favor of something with more control.

I have no experience with the kit but it seems to be quality. Another option is the greddy one which probably can be had a lot cheaper and you can do some upgrades on it with the spare money. I dunno, i'm glad i don't live somewhere where i need carb approved stuff.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (njn63)

yeah if I got it, I'd tune it with crome pro.

I think as for how it'd be with a built motor, probally the same as everyother turbo kit...even beter than a stock....although with a built motor it'd be pointless to spend all the money on the edelbrock kits because then it wouldn't pass smog.

The whole reason I want it is, it's more complete than the greddy kit and still CARB legal(passes CA smog requirements).
Old 09-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (broketuner-sol_si)

i have instaled one, they are great, the completeness (if that is a word) is great. very strong and very well engineered.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:00 PM

Default Re: (b18ccivics)

I hope Edelbrock starts making more Honda parts
Old 09-14-2006, 08:12 AM

Default Re: (broketuner-sol_si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-sol_si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah if I got it, I'd tune it with crome pro.

I think as for how it'd be with a built motor, probally the same as everyother turbo kit...even beter than a stock....although with a built motor it'd be pointless to spend all the money on the edelbrock kits because then it wouldn't pass smog.

The whole reason I want it is, it's more complete than the greddy kit and still CARB legal(passes CA smog requirements). </TD></TR></TABLE>

The reason I asked about putting it on a built engine was because I figured you really couldnt beat their complete kit. DO you recoomend any other kits for a built engine. I wasnt worried about the smog I was justr lookign for a good kit, that would work wll on a semi to full built motor