Notices

Ok Installed the Hondata and got a check engine light?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 11:24 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok Installed the Hondata and got a check engine light?

I ran my injectors....Rc550's and the resistor box. That's not the problem. I'm not sure if the check engine light came on becuase i was running to rich, the Hondata was blinking Slow red flashes. Could it be the base map making the light blink or could it be the car is running that rich that makes the ecu ecu throw a code.
Hondata did the soldering So that not an issue. Help please before Dyno day next weds. Or would that fix it?

Hope all of that made since Thought were rambling.

Antwaine
Old 09-07-2003, 11:33 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Ok Installed the Hondata and got a check engine light? (HybridcivicLS-T)

check to see which CEL you are getting. also, who made ur basemap?
Old 09-07-2003, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ok Installed the Hondata and got a check engine light? (HybridcivicLS-T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridcivicLS-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I ran my injectors....Rc550's and the resistor box. That's not the problem. I'm not sure if the check engine light came on becuase i was running to rich, the Hondata was blinking Slow red flashes. Could it be the base map making the light blink or could it be the car is running that rich that makes the ecu ecu throw a code.
Hondata did the soldering So that not an issue. Help please before Dyno day next weds. Or would that fix it?

Hope all of that made since Thought were rambling.

Antwaine</TD></TR></TABLE>

if its s200, it will throw cel and hondata box will blink.. i had this issue when my cable was bad - are you able to rev past 4K? if not, then its probably bad connnection.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a blank EEPROM. Who burned the basemap?
Old 09-07-2003, 12:59 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Ok Installed the Hondata and got a check engine light? (Spunkster)

Post for Mase-

s200 connection issues :
If you experience problems with a s200 unit maintaining an intermittent connection with the ECU, then cutting J12 in the ECU may solve the problem. The symptoms of this problem is the light on the s200 starting to flash slowly once the s200 has already established a connection with the ECU. A 4000 rpm rev limit may be experienced.

If J12 is cut then the ECU will not work with V2.5 systems (stage 2/3/4), so it is advisable to cut one leg of J12 and bend it up into the air so that it can be re-soldered if necessary.

Old 09-07-2003, 03:47 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: Ok Installed the Hondata and got a check engine light? (DIRep972)

Now I have another problem, but i think well i know, when i wired up the obd1 injectors and the resistor box, and the hondata ran like ca-ca. I took my 550's off and put some obd1 injectors in. with a regular obd1 ecu. The car acted fine yesterday night and and this morning. But i made a stop and when i cranked the car It threw a cel 16.-fuel injectors, so i think it's becuase of the resistor box and the ecu just now caught it. Since it's an obd1 ecu.

So now I'm in another bind. I can't do nothing to check for codes becuase Im going to get a injector cade regardless. I think I'll just put-put up to Jotech weds. change out the injectors have Tony run me a new Base-map And shot for the stars. Can't do nothing else at this point but wait.
Old 09-09-2003, 05:14 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

My mom is cool!

I told her I was taking the car to Jotech, she didn't understand why i had to go to Garland, she just said "can't you tune it yourself you do everything else" I just laughed. I asked her "If something stupid goes wrong would she help me" She said she would as long as it wasn't over 1,000.00. Well she hopes it's not over a 1,000 I can't ask for a better mother. She just said once i do this leave it alone for a while. .

my mom gets .

Hopefully there wont be any problems.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:04 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Found the problem......... wiring harness problems.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You have a wonderful mom, I'm teary eyed.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:15 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: Ok Installed the Hondata and got a check engine light? (acurate1)

she told me last night. She wants cash...no payments or nothing. I said cool. I've been doing everything she asked me t
Old 09-11-2003, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridcivicLS-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">she told me last night. She wants cash...no payments or nothing. I said cool. I've been doing everything she asked me t </TD></TR></TABLE>

man...you should be doing everything i say since i saved the day..lol
Old 09-11-2003, 05:38 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: Ok Installed the Hondata and got a check engine light? (espanol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by espanol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

man...you should be doing everything i say since i saved the day..lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

I let you beat me already by 1bumper that should be enough Felix
Old 09-12-2003, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridcivicLS-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I let you beat me already by 1bumper that should be enough Felix </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol..one bumper...don't even get me started...not only did you get a headstart(cuz i'm so nice), but you also got a nice breeze as i blew your doors off..
Old 09-12-2003, 07:39 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by espanol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol..one bumper...don't even get me started...not only did you get a headstart(cuz i'm so nice), but you also got a nice breeze as i blew your doors off.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol.....................................that's funny, yeah you did. I was shocked how you past me. Your car is extremly fast.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridcivicLS-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol.....................................that's funny, yeah you did. I was shocked how you past me. Your car is extremly fast. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol..how's that open downpipe treating you..?i almost went deaf passing by you..that **** is loud..lol
Old 09-12-2003, 08:41 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

I love listening to the turbo. It's not to bad though.