Notices

ok guys...dont jump the new guy

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok guys...dont jump the new guy

ok you guys...riddle me this....im getting a b18 gsr motor....in a 89 civic hatch...and want it turbocharged.....where is a good site to go to to find out how...and some tech....i learn by messing up....and this time i dont wanna mess up...too costly....the motor is going to be rebuilt with all new "guts"....what do you guys recomend as far as pistons....up the comp...lower the comp....im thinkin of lowering the cr just for safety from detonating...do i need to worry about vtec cams that i would like to get.....what turbo set up do you guys recommend...intercooler...wastegate...etc....im not doin to swap tommorrow or anything....im taking the motor with me to wyotech...so ill learn there too...just want you guys's advice....yall have never let me down...i trust most of yall...lol

lata yall
kyle...aka....skunk...
Old 07-31-2002, 11:26 PM
New User

Default Re: ok guys...dont jump the new guy (rafimos)

best site is this one IMO. if you have time and patience, spend a few months reading every post you can, especially a lot of older archived posts (do a search for various topics in the archives, you'll be amazed at what you can find)

good luck

-Xerxes
Old 07-31-2002, 11:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you are looking at getting good technical assistance youve choosen the right board. This has to the best web site on the internet for help. There is alot of information on this website, all you need to do is use the search feature really. If you would like info on turbochargers and would like to "do it right the first time" I would highly recommend investing in the book Maximum Boost by Corkey Bell. If you take time to read that book you will be all knowing (kind of) when it comes to turbos. Evan
Old 07-31-2002, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ok guys...dont jump the new guy (AGen2integra)

thanks yall....i do agree...this is a very good place for info....but is there any particular turbo to get...or stay away from for that matter....ill find that book read it...and re read it when im at wyotech...(uti but more customizing based--besides hot rod at uti...lol)but im definitly wanting to get it right the 1st time...or at least pretty close....and just have to tweak with it....and again...thanks

kyle...aka...skunk...
Old 07-31-2002, 11:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome mashed together sentences. Makes my eyes hurt so I can't read it and won't be able to offer any advice.

Welcome to HT, it's the best!
Old 08-01-2002, 12:01 AM

I can tell you one turbo to stay away from. Those electric ones you see on e-bay.
Seriously, like the other guys said, just read here and you will learn everything you need to know. Including what turbo would be fitting for your setup. Actually there was a post in this forum about a week ago about that subject.
Old 08-01-2002, 12:40 AM
New User

Default Re: ok guys...dont jump the new guy (Xerxes)

best site is this one IMO. if you have time and patience, spend a few months reading every post you can, especially a lot of older archived posts (do a search for various topics in the archives, you'll be amazed at what you can find)

good luck

-Xerxes